What should I do ?

Options
When I eat it's not because I'm hungry it's mainly because I'm bored. I try to exercise some times and stay with it for a while but eventually just give up on it. How can I stay on track with my exercising and stop eating for no reason?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Start logging your food and exercise every day, give yourself a reason to pay attention, to be more thoughtful about what you eat and what you do...only you can do this....
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Get an activity tracker and start by just counting your steps. Soon you will be up to 10,000 steps a day. Before you know it you will be working out with other cardio/strength/core exercises. Best of all the tracker software will count your steps for you. I use a Garmin Vivofit 2, but Fitbit, Jawbone, and many other brands are out there.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Find something else to turn to when you are bored like exercise, a hobby, talking to a friend, cleaning.
    Plan your meals and snacks. Log in advance.
  • GetFitzy
    GetFitzy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. The only thing that has ever really helped me with willpower is a book called the Beck Diet Solution. It's not a meal plan, it's a book about the cognitive therapy behind changing your mind to think like a thin person. See if your library has it if you don't want to buy it. It's really helpful
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    When I eat it's not because I'm hungry it's mainly because I'm bored. I try to exercise some times and stay with it for a while but eventually just give up on it. How can I stay on track with my exercising and stop eating for no reason?

Doesn't seem plausible to fill up all your free time with exercise so
    Add more activities to your list besides exercise to occupy your time.
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You gotta change your mind conditioning. I learned it the hard way but you should make a decision and believe you're gonna stick with it. Learn how your mind works and utilize it.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    There are bigger issues in your life that is causing the lack of discipline. Take a hard look at the mirror and find out what that is.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Find exercise that you love. Also find an exercise buddy or join a club in your neighborhood for biking, hiking, . . Maybe join a gym so you can take a spin class. Look for a meet up .com