Weekly Workout Schedule

Due to getting extremely busy at work I am backing down to working out from 5 (45 minute days) to 3(hour-hour and half) days a week. I am just maintaining and using lighter weights and high reps. I was thinking of breaking my three days down into:
Day 1: Biceps/Back/Shoulders
Day 2: Legs/Core
Day 3: Triceps/Chest/Core

I would like suggestions or ideas for what you may do to get three complete and effective workouts.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    What is your goal? A 3-day split is more for bulking up. I assume that's not your goal since you're using lighter weight & high reps. For most other goals, i'd do a full-body workout every 2-3 days, or alternate between upper & lower body workouts.

• katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    What is your goal? A 3-day split is more for bulking up. I assume that's not your goal since you're using lighter weight & high reps. For most other goals, i'd do a full-body workout every 2-3 days, or alternate between upper & lower body workouts.

Yeah not wanting to bulk. Def just trying to keep tone. So a full body would be better you think?

@cherimoose
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Full-body.. with heavier weight and fewer reps. That's what retains muscle the best. Bulking up requires a calorie surplus, so that's probably not relevant. :+1:
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Awesome thank you.
  • O2BNWA
    O2BNWA Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, just a quick note- i consulted with the trainer at my gym and she said to see results women should lift heavier weights at fewer reps to get definition, She said we don't have enough testosterone in our bodies to get bulky like a male. If you can try a ballet Barre class on a sat/ sun - they are an hour-the exercises are geared to create long lean muscle and give a totally different workout then anything else- trust me you will be sore- even if you can only squeeze in 2 classes a month- totally worth it and often there are coupons on Groupon! :)