Feeling Beat Down

Options
I am a 37 year old 5'3" female and lost 70 lbs 10 years ago by going to the gym 2 hours a night, 6 days a week and sometimes 3-4 hours on Saturday (with the help of ephedrine which they've taken off the market in the dose that helped me lose the weight) and kept it off for 5 years. I went back to college at 5 years ago and slowly gained some of the weight back. Then I got married and gained more weight back. In total, I've gained 50 lbs of the 70 back. I no longer have the time or quite frankly the desire to spend so much time at the gym.

I've tried EVERYTHING from Medifast, to WeightWatchers, to now Body by Vi (on my first week). I am beginning to feel desperate like nothing I do will allow me to lose weight unless I live at the gym again. I eat roughly 1,200 calories per day and according to this site, I should be eating 1,400 calories to lose approximately one pound per week. So far, I'm on day 5 of Body by Vi and haven't lost anything. My neighbor said she lost 6 lbs the first week. I'm just feeling so discouraged and defeated. I don't want to be fat the rest of my life. I want to look good and feel good about myself again.

Has anyone had success with Body by Vi?

Replies

• blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not tried that system. However, this site is great and the people her are wonderful. I'll be here two weeks this saturday and in my first week lost 6.6lbs and that was with out exercising because I have a sprained ankle that just won't get better. If I were you I would try this site out and follow the goals they give you and see how it turns out for ya. Best of luck!!!
  • lammermoor27
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. Maybe you're eating too little? If your body gets jerked around with so many changes in nutrition, it might be hesitant to let go of weight it thinks it needs. At one time, being able to gain weight was an advantage for people, so when you are constantly changing what goes in your body it lacks the consistency that would allow your body to make the changes it would need over time. Consistent nutrition might help.

::hugs:: you can do it!