Greek Turkey Burgers

Options
joymeg1
joymeg1 Posts: 24 Member
Found this recipe online and made them tonight. Amaaaaaazing!! Even my husband was impressed with the taste.

PER SERVING (1/4th of recipe, 1 patty): 203 calories, 8g fat, 420mg sodium, 3g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 29g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Heads up: If you make these for your next cookout, your patties will be the talk of the neighborhood by sundown. SO GOOD!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp. chopped garlic
4 cups chopped spinach leaves
1 lb. raw lean ground turkey
2 large egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
Optional: large lettuce leaves, sliced onion, sliced tomato

Directions:
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add onion and garlic and, stirring often, cook until softened, about 4 minutes.

Add spinach to the skillet with onion and garlic. Stirring often, cook until spinach has wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, 3 - 5 minutes.

Remove skillet from heat. Once cool enough to handle, carefully blot away any excess moisture from the onion-spinach mixture with paper towels. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix well. Add cooked veggies and feta cheese to the bowl. Using your hands, mix until uniform.

Evenly divide turkey mixture and firmly form into four patties. (Cover and refrigerate if not cooking immediately.)

Bring a grill (or skillet or grill pan) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add patties, cover, and cook for 5 - 8 minutes per side, until cooked through. If using a skillet or grill pan, work in batches, removing skillet or pan from heat between batches to re-spray. (And don't worry if your lid isn't a perfect fit when covering!)

Eat your patties with a knife and fork or, if you like, wrap them up in some lettuce leaves with onion and tomato. Enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Replies

• loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    that sounds great. thanks for sharing. i think my daughter would like this as well... but i probably would cook it on george foreman grill..
  • nikiswimr
    nikiswimr Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing!
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump~!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yumm thanks!!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks that looks super yummy!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Thx! Will be trying this! :drinker:
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    mmmm... sounds yummy!! Thanks!! When I first saw the title I thought, "oooh, I hope there is a recipe in there!!" :D
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Yummmm! I"m going to try these this weekend!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    wow .. thanks for the recipe. omg so good... my daughter and i loved them.. eating it right now .:bigsmile: now the rest of my family would not even dare to try but i knew she would since she is trying to lose with me... and well the rest dont really like spinich... oh well more for us lol
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've had rough luck with turkey burgers. I'll give these a try next. ^_^
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    they sound delish! thanks for sharing :)
  • hopeandj
    hopeandj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sounds soo good! I love anything greek!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • cm80123
    cm80123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds really good. thanks