Hello everyone... New to myfitnesspal!

Options
Hi, I am new to myfitnesspal and I am needing to lose about 45 pounds. I have been overweight for a long time and obesity runs in my family. I do not want to end up a size 28 like my mother so I have got to do something. Since highschool I have been packing on the pounds slowly. I met my husband at 16 weighing 145 and now 8 years, a marriage and a baby later I am weighing in at about 180. My husband and I want to have more children soon but I DO NOT want to get pregnant again at this weight. I am looking forward to sharing my weight loss journey with all of you! :happy:

Replies

• jlm1182
    jlm1182 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I went years not realizing how many calories I was eating -keeping track here has changed my life.
  • jlm1182
    jlm1182 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I went years not realizing how many calories I was eating -keeping track here has changed my life.
  • Crazyoddball
    Crazyoddball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! u will love it here ... this site will help you get to your goal weight and you will feel more accountable to yourself and to this community. you can add me as a friend.

WORK. SWEAT. ACHIEVE .:wink:
  • clomastro
    clomastro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently had back to back pregnancies. I found out I was pregnant with my 3rd when my 2nd was only 7 months old. I weighed 180 and gave birth at 240. Currently Im 168 and just started on here. So it can be done!!! Good Luck!!!
    :smile:
  • eggrollreid
    Options
    This is a fantastic tool. I think you will love it. It keeps you accountable. You will make your goal. I have been doing it 2 months now and I want to lose 130 lbs. My goal is to run in the Disney World 5k family fun run in Jan 2012. I also just started running after 2 months of building up to power walking. We will do it. Good luck to you.
  • kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - you are going to find this a great place to meet people in the same predicament. The most wonderful
    people are sharing their new life adventure on this site! Please feel free to add me as a friend and together we can all get
    this done! Always around for advice & friendship.....good luck on your new journey!
    Kathleen
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    You certainly have the right kind of mentality to get it done. Add me because I want to be one of the people waiting at the "finish finish" line for you :-)