Trouble getting protein in

Options
looking for quick, easy storage low fat, low calorie,low sugar sources of protein? In home are so on the road a lot!! Thanks

Replies

• hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Tuna, about as convenient, low calorie, and cost effective as you can get.
  • sscarmack
    sscarmack Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Following. I would also like to know some other good source of protein besides Greek yogurt and tuna ( I eat these regularly) along with protein powder.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and beans.
  • AngelaKrier
    AngelaKrier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do beef jerky or turkey slices along with the others said above
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    edemame is a nice snack. Hardboiled eggs. Shrimp is very low cal/high protein.
  • tayloralanj
    tayloralanj Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one has said CHICKEN BREASTS!!!!

Some EVOO, Lowry's or Old Bay,,,,,,,,,,,,throw it in the oven on 350 for about an hour along with some sweet potatoes, set for a few days of lunch or whatever...........drink water people!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you make peace with fat. Fat with protein equals longer storage. This includes beef jerky, nuts, and all the cheeses. Just weigh carefully.
  • broncos1982
    broncos1982 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I suggest you make peace with fat. Fat with protein equals longer storage. This includes beef jerky, nuts, and all the cheeses. Just weigh carefully.

No reason to fear fat unless you have a medical issue.

List of higher protein foods:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10232335/list-of-higher-protein-foods/p1
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Low fat, low calorie, low sugar.. these are not low calorie but I do not know what calorie range you are looking for...

Beef jerky, pork rinds, pop corn (skinny pop), turkey and cheese (I make rollups for lunch no bread), peanut butter, nuts, yogurt...

What is low calorie?
  • AMarlene
    AMarlene Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions- low calorie prob under 300 calories- more worried about sugar content being low then calories- which is why protein bars and shakes aren't the best option to me & because I eat out of my car a lot -easy to store & eat while driving is huge- I just seem to be missing my protein goal a lot
  • p_marie_c
    p_marie_c Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bring lunchmeat and cheese into work to keep in the 'fridg, usually roast beef. I'll roll them up together, rather than making a sandwich. I also make up some tuna with a touch of mayo before work, and bring it in to eat with my salad. Sometimes I'll keep nuts at my desk for a quick protein-rich snack. Boiled eggs and yogurt are also some choices I bring. ..Hm, in your car all day? Can you bring a cooler bag and some ice blocks?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Low fat, low calorie, low sugar.. these are not low calorie but I do not know what calorie range you are looking for...

Beef jerky, pork rinds, pop corn (skinny pop), turkey and cheese (I make rollups for lunch no bread), peanut butter, nuts, yogurt...

What is low calorie?

Pork rinds fit my macros so well. Love that snack.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    sliced ham 30 calories 5 gram protein
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Cheese burger without the bun:

fjfqk0dkd2ec.png
  • helenbasham
    helenbasham Posts: 1 Member
    Options