Newbie needs friends!!

Options
Hi all! I have just been introduced to this site by a friend. Let me just say, IT IS AMAZING! I love logging all my exercise and food intake, setting goals and seeing them be met! I have decided that it is time to change my lifestyle and become more active and healthy. I have just recently quit smoking and am ready for a healthier me! If you are anything like me, friend request me! I weigh 280 right now, but not for long! Taking this weight down! I have type 2 diabetes and have it under control now after having it since 2007. I just didn't care if I lived or died. I felt that my children would be better off without me and my husband would have been also. I am awake now!! Ready to get some support and do some supporting!

Replies

• wenlot7
    wenlot7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have no problem becoming a friend of yours as long as you are serious about using the site daily and consistently. If you are serious, no problem, friend me. If you think this is something you are going to wane from, then do not waste my time or yours.

Sorry about sounding so harsh, I just hate when people say they want friends and then never end up on the site again.

By the way, there are a ton of great tools on this site, feel free to use as many as you can. The more you see your own progress, the more willing you'll be to continue dieting and exercising.
  • kennybrook2007
    Options
    I am learning more and more about this site everytime I log on. I have spent close to 2 hours on it today just logging food and setting goals. I am very serious.
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    I too am very new to Myfitnesspal and am in dire need of some support. I would be happy to be a friend of yours as long as you are willing to bug me- and allow me to bug you as well.

I am very fitness oriented and love a challenge. Perhaps we can motivate one another?
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I see you already like it here and thats good. I do too. Its a great site and persons are always willing to help with whatever problems/ concerns you may have. I am sending a request your way because I do know how important a good support system is. I have a few friends on here now but if you look at my join date and my signature you will realize that I could have done with some friends nudging me back when I forgot about MFP for 2 years....I didnt have any friends then. Now I know some of the friends I now have will give me a swift kick in the you know what if I go missing in action again, not that the thought even crosses my mind. Happy to become your friend on MFP.
  • maxzorro
    maxzorro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can tell that you are serious about MFP! Send me a friend request and we can help each other stay on track :smile:
  • midwesthiker
    midwesthiker Posts: 144
    Options
    You can friend me if you want - I like to offer support and motivation, I just ask that you give it in return.
  • georgiaphillips
    Options
    I just joined myself I love tracking my food and exercise i am just learning the differant in and outs of the program it is so neat . love to be your friend on this journey of a new way of living, healthy happier I can"t WE can