C-section mamas

Options
I'm looking for some friends who have been through what I'm going through or are where I am. Some people to help me through this. My baby is 2.5 months old. I'm struggling with PPD and low self esteem in general. Between the stretch marks and the pouch left over I'm very unhappy with my body. I would love some friends to share tips/tricks that helped them. I'll try anything at this point.

Replies

• ctdebonis
    ctdebonis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a c-section mama :) I'm also looking to get back to my pre-preg shape/weight. My little girl is 8 months old so I have been very lazy in waiting this long... Let's do it together :)
  • thakandy
    thakandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know how u feel.. dont be too hard on yourself though., bubs is only fairly new... maybe just start small.. short walks, always have fruit and water on hand and clear out your pantry of junk food, stock up on meat, fruit, vege, legume..
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some friends who have been through what I'm going through or are where I am. Some people to help me through this. My baby is 2.5 months old. I'm struggling with PPD and low self esteem in general. Between the stretch marks and the pouch left over I'm very unhappy with my body. I would love some friends to share tips/tricks that helped them. I'll try anything at this point.

I had 3 c-sections. I can reassure you your body will look much better. But it takes time for everything to get back to normal. Give yourself about half to one year, it is too early. Your weight appears to be in healthy range, which will work on your favour, just be patient.
    And please please seek medical help for PPD if you have not already done so. I had it with my first and I did not realise it. I really wish I had figured it out early on to get help, it would have made these first months much easier for me.
    Take it easy, remember to rest and you will be fine.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby

and Girl, give yourself a break

It's been 2.5 months and you've just made an entire human being - that's an amazing thing your body has done but it takes time to recover - give yourself a year at least

And do seek treatment for your PPD

If it helps I've had 2 sections - and yes you can get your body back - but I fdidn't get my act in gear until my youngest was 10 .. and I'm old and I still managed to get my abs in shape with calorie control and lifting heavy

So yes you can do it

But no you shouldn't be in any pressure right now

Enjoy your baby
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Be patient and try not to be so hard on yourself.

I've had 2 c-sections. After my first I was cleared to workout after about 6 wks which I was really happy about since at the time I weighed a staggering 260 lbs. I'm 5'4.5" so that's not even remotely healthy. I really struggled emotionally with the fact that my son was in the NICU (34 wk baby) and was so out of shape that just walking there to see him left me out of breath (hospital doors to NICU left me out of breath). My second c-section (May 29, 2014), I wasn't able to workout for 3 months. My c-section had started to re-open around the 6 week mark. While your body may not look exactly like before, you can still get in shape and look awesome. Give yourself time. Adjust to having a little bundle of joy at home.

Definitely seek some counseling for the PPD (if not already).

My progress/success thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics

Oh and if you want to have quick meals that are healthy, I suggest to start using a slow cooker. Skinnytaste.com has some amazing slow cooker recipes that are easy to prep and make enough servings to have a freezer stash of meals. One of my favorites is the Chicken Taco Chili (about $10 to make and makes 10 servings).
  • whisperzsaralynn
    whisperzsaralynn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a C-section momma too! I had a C-section for my 2nd child, that got an infection and had to be re-cut - It was a mess! But now I am almost 190lbs lost since that point in 09/2014.. so it is possible! Still fighting! Welcome to the group momma! :smiley:
  • Ladybug_1794
    Ladybug_1794 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections but my kids are 4 and 1 1/2 girls now. I still have my little belly and stretch marks trying to get rid of it. But your t to think that was there home for 9 months it's going to be stretched as they grow. Those marks tell a story about your babies growth. It's a beautiful thing. I understand you want the belly off but if your breastfeeding that's the best time to loose weight. You still got to eat a lot but healthy to maintain breast milk but I found when I had my first I lost a lot just chasing her around the house the first year lol when you breastfeed that's when it's easier to lose weight fast but healthy way!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Congrats on baby. I've got a 2 year old and a 4 year old and both were sections.

I agree with rabbit. Creating and growing a person is super hard work. That's why men do don't it. lol. Please give yourself time to enjoy your baby and get help for the PPD. I wore maternity clothes for a good 6-8 months after both kids and I didn't lose my baby weight until a good 18 months after my second was born. (Now I'm working on my quitting smoking weight from like 10 years ago. much harder, trust me)

If you want to see a really scary picture visit the ones in my profile. There is one where it's 11 months after my youngest was born and I'm at a wine fest, chugging wine directly from the bottle and still wearing an orange maternity shirt. That picture is what got me started on here.

Don't be like the chugging wine straight from the bottle me.
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section and my baby is now 5 years old. I too have stretch marks and a pouch. I sometimes will get muscle spasms around my c-section incision. I saw something on pintrest where it was a picture and she had stretch marks with the words (pardon the language) ,"Your body isn't ruined. Your a goddamn tiger who earned her stripes." I love it because it's true. Add me if you want, looking for more motivational friends.
  • starfawn
    starfawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing and it is so hard. Sorry I can't be more helpful but I know what you are going through.
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'd love to connect with other mamas losing baby weight. I had my FIFTH c section 8 weeks ago so I feel your pain!
  • jpoppx
    jpoppx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm a c-section Mommy! My baby is 8 weeks now, and I've recently started going to the gym again. I gained a lot of weight while pregnant, and I've already noticed that the weight isn't coming off as easily as it did before pregnancy, it's a struggle, but don't give up!
  • jennembers
    jennembers Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I've been through it! Take care of yourself.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It's been 2.5 months and you've just made an entire human being - that's an amazing thing your body has done but it takes time to recover - give yourself a year at least

If it helps I've had 2 sections - and yes you can get your body back - but I fdidn't get my act in gear until my youngest was 10 .. and I'm old and I still managed to get my abs in shape with calorie control and lifting heavy

So yes you can do it

Enjoy your baby
    If those are your abs in your profile picture you are awesome! !! Great job :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

So yes you can do it

Enjoy your baby

Why thank you :) (yes that's me @antennachick )
  • amiegrover
    amiegrover Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a csection mama. Baby boy born 6 weeks ago. I'm also getting married 5months today so no pressure there then lol. I have my pouch but I'm proud of it ATM. I do want to lose it but its a reminder of my little boys home :- ) x x
  • erinwilliams21
    erinwilliams21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OK I am a c section momma too. I am 102 lbs and before anyone say OMG that's small. I'm only 4'11 so that's not to small and I have had 2 c sections. I have a little pouch that will not go away no matter what and my last child is almost 8. I have always been active until recently. Started working third shift and lost motivation and gained stress. My normal weight is 89 I know that's not much to lose but it's my goal. So I'm here to help keep u motivated and gain self motivation.
  • erinwilliams21
    erinwilliams21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

So yes you can do it

Enjoy your baby
    Good job