Options
2»

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    carr3107 wrote: »
    Top of the list:

Does anyone have tips on a meal plan for a 1300 calorie diet?

Hunger control tips?

Non-weight bearing exercise that has any measurable calorie burn?

I do actually do work with a personal trainer. We'll have to adjust to reduce weight bearing, but given that I'm supposed to minimize walking around, it's going to be a challenge.

Look, I know the deficit I have to have to see any weight loss. It took me a long time to figure it out, and it's not open for debate. No one in their right mind would come here looking for justification that they aren't losing weight.

1500 calories is not a lot. 1300 is even less. These are hard counts to stick to. That's not an excuse, it's a statement of fact. I was, and am, both venting about how hard this has been AND seeking advice from someone who has eaten at those levels. I have lost 5-10 lbs easily before. Not this time.

I am insanely frustrated because weight loss has been a huge struggle for me and every time I try to incorporate exercise, I get sidelined. I do not have normal joints. I have permanent tendonitis in both feet. Going above 7000 steps a day just about guarantees i will have pain. I live with that.

If it was as simple as 3500 calorie deficit equals a pound loss, there would not be 100 people screaming about how it takes time to see results, look for changes in your body, blah, blah, blah. I have found I have to start with the recommended cut and keep cutting until I see some weight loss. I know what my MFP count has to say for me to lose. If I'm undercounting, I am apparently doing it consistently, as that number is constant.

I am pretty sure that's what you're doing . . . . in a round about way, though.
  • carr3107
    carr3107 Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I give up. I came here for assistance on three questions

1..Does anyone have tips on a meal plan for a 1300 calorie diet?

2. Hunger control tips?

3. Non-weight bearing exercise that has any measurable calorie burn?

You should be ashamed of yourselves for turning it into an excuse to ridicule someone you don't know who has done nothing to ridicule you. I am frustrated with my situation and venting while also looking for a way to eat less without being hungry, crabby, tired and miserable about failing at this all the time.

I am struggling. What would have been helpful, and kind, would have been - "I've done this to be less hungry. I did this to keep within 1300 calories. It's hard, and it sucks, but I just kept plugging along and I finally got there."

There are people who are limited to 1300 calories. I am going to go find them.

Thank you for piling on with your own superiority. Have a nice day, and I hope you all gain 5 pounds for being unpleasant people.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    kbye.

Eat less move more, btw. lololol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    @carr3107 I did give you my hunger control tip and didn't ridicule you or pile on. Other people did answer your questions as well. I suggest you step back, depersonalize, and reread.
    See if more protein and less carbs keeps you fuller longer. The magic ratio for me is 40:30:30. Some posters here like @nvmomketo do great on Low Carb High Fat. (LCHF.) She posted her ratios recently but the thread I'm thinking of has disappeared.
  • acorsaut89
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Your post makes it sound like you are just looking for validation that it can't be done.

As this poster stated, you sound like you're looking for people to validate that it cannot be done and justify why you'll just have to settle for the next 6-8 weeks until you can go back to the routine you had before.

Just because no one gave you the answer you're looking for doesn't mean they piled on or were ridiculing you at all. It means they're being honest, and not setting you up for failure by sugar coating things.

Best of luck to you, though! Hopefully you can work through this without further injury :)
  • carr3107
    carr3107 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    Your post makes it sound like you are just looking for validation that it can't be done.

As this poster stated, you sound like you're looking for people to validate that it cannot be done and justify why you'll just have to settle for the next 6-8 weeks until you can go back to the routine you had before.

Just because no one gave you the answer you're looking for doesn't mean they piled on or were ridiculing you at all. It means they're being honest, and not setting you up for failure by sugar coating things.

Best of luck to you, though! Hopefully you can work through this without further injury :)

Wow. I apparently have to work on my command of the English language. That's nowhere near what I said, or meant.

I'm going to go find the 1300 calorie people to tell me how this can be done.
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I suggest you try to eat a bit more than 1300 and continue with your trainer and instead of using the scale, measure your body. It can take a while to loose a pound, even if you say 1500 is maintenance and 1300 is for losing. And then depending on when you weigh, even if it's at the same time every day, naked, just a quart of fluid is 2 pounds. So measure upper arm, thighs, calves, hips and waist.

Can you do planks? You can still do leg lifts, crunches and pushups without hurting your ankle. When your ankle heals, work with a PT who can give you exercises to make your ankles stronger.

The problem with going down to 1300 calories AND exercising, is that you are dropping your net calories to below your basic metabolic rate. That is actually SLOWING your metabolism. I'm pretty sedentary (work at desk, minimal home/yard upkeep) and 47. My average caloric burn without any extra exercise is around 2000 per day. I realize you aren't walking any right now so that might certainly be lower since I walk around the house in the evening.

I was doing the same thing as you but a body builder kept telling me that I wasn't eating enough to lose weight and I balked over and over until I tried his method to break a plateau and guess what? HE WAS RIGHT. My body wasn't up to burning calories - it was worried about survival. Now I mix it up with break even days any time I'm feeling weak. I don't try to have a deficit every day.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Wow. I apparently have to work on my command of the English language. That's nowhere near what I said, or meant.

Go read your post again. You go on and on about all your problems and challenges and how hard it is and then at the end as for suggestions.

Well duh, it's hard for everybody so no, not any sympathy for you.
    Your request for suggestions to maintain a "large calorie deficit" is so vague it almost doesn't merit a reply but alas you were given several valid suggestions on how to stick to a deficit, do you not like the suggestions you were given ?
  • acorsaut89
    Options

2. Hunger control tips?

You should be ashamed of yourselves for turning it into an excuse to ridicule someone you don't know who has done nothing to ridicule you. I am frustrated with my situation and venting while also looking for a way to eat less without being hungry, crabby, tired and miserable about failing at this all the time.

I am struggling. What would have been helpful, and kind, would have been - "I've done this to be less hungry. I did this to keep within 1300 calories. It's hard, and it sucks, but I just kept plugging along and I finally got there."

Thank you for piling on with your own superiority. Have a nice day, and I hope you all gain 5 pounds for being unpleasant people.

You used ridicule and piling on in that post . . . so yes, if that's not what you meant then you do need to work on your command of the English language.

Also, in just you stating you're leaving to find the 1300 calorie people indicates you didn't get the answer you wanted here . . . so it means people didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Also, your first post doesn't ask for 1300 calorie diet ideas . . . it more asks what can be done in your situation to maintain a large calorie deficit. That's definitely not the same thing.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    First of all i am not ashamed of anything like you said.

People here try to help you
    You are the one that is not losing weight and on before hand says you are not going to change your math.
    It is all up to you

Like i said before i am older than you and lose easily on that
    I started almost a year ago on 1200 and slowly upped it to now 1500 calories and still losing.

You are the one with something off in your math!

meal plans well i am not going to copy and paste the 1000 pictures i posted on FB. Yes i log my photo meals every night for a year now.
    google or use pinterest. meals enough

use your mind

hunger tips?
    For everybody very personal
    i eat lots of fruit and vegggies ( i eat everything btw)
    and every evening a huge bowl of popcorn and frozen fruits
    That is how i do it and i was and am never hungry not on the 1200 i ate for months not on 1300 and not on 1400 or 1500.

Doesn't mean somebody else isn't either. Its all about trying out what works for you. Some people need more fiber others more protein etc.

Try out
    And step away from the fact my math is right! Because you are not losing....there is something wrong!
    The first thought is logging but since you dont have your diary open nobody can help there
    The rest what can be wrong are a lot of things and much harder to find out. Maybe a medical reason even.

no idea

All up to you OP. But closing your mind and saying you are right is not the way to go when you search for an answer.
    I wish you luck.

95069916.png
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options

2. Hunger control tips?

A few of us did give some tips that you were asking for, like my idea of sit-down zumba with youtube and weights.

I am afraid I am on a 1500kcal diet, so can't really help too much, but I was on 1200kcals years ago so from what I remember these are the things I did (and sometimes, things I still do);

Breakfast (tended to be 250-350kcal region):
    1. Toast with poached eggs
    2. Poached eggs with smoked salmon (plus toast if I was feeling generous)
    3. Smoothie with banana, protein powder, peanut butter, cocoa powder, maybe some chia seeds, etc etc (I mix these up and still have smoothies for breakfast on weekdays. Loads of ideas online, and by adding some protein powder or oats, it will keep you fuller for longer)
    4. Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and raisins

Lunch (350-450kcals):
    1. Tuna, light salad cream, pepper in a wrap
    2. Sandwich filler (usually half a pot, but make sure they are the low calorie kind. I have Waitrose branded ones) with a wrap
    3. Smoked salmon and cream cheese in a wrap
    4. Soup
    5. Homemade salads with low calorie crackers

Snacks (350-450kcals) (I am a massive snacker, I have to keep eating through the day to stay full. the snacks usually depend on how much exercise I have done (so I can eat more or not):
    1. banana (quite calorific unfortunately, but good for you)
    2. yogurt
    3. low calorie pop corn
    4. beef jerky (LOVE JERKY - high protein, low calorie, what more do you want!!!)
    5. cherry tomatoes
    6. mixed fruit and nuts (I used to get snack packs from Tesco)
    7. wasabi nuts (you can't eat too much of this in one go, which helps)
    8. coffee
    9. LOADs of peppermint tea - really good way to fool your body in to thinking you are taking in calories
    10. Low cal crisps (walkers quavers multipacks - only 88kcals in a bag of crisps)

Dinner (now this depends massively on the exercise I've done for the day, and I tend to have dinners that are 700-1000kcals, but from memory, this is what I used to have when I was on 1200kcals)
    1. Soups (shop-bought. tend to have 300-650kcals, depending on brand, type, etc. Add some cheese on top if you have the calories, or have a slice of bread)
    2. Stir fry
    3. sushi
    4. pasta (I'd make sure I weigh all the ingredients to stay within my calories and be very stingy with oil)
    5. I never used to have the popular chicken breast, rice and broccoli combination, but only because it never appealed to me. Your tastes might be different.
    6. Chicken in wraps with red onion, bacon, tomato, avacado and salad)
    7. Either fish or a meat with mash and some sort of vegetable
    8. Massive omlette with the works (within calorie goal) with or without a slice of bread

Now, these were all based on my tastes, and some of these choices may not seem very appetising to you. Hope you get a few ideas from this though.

How to curb hunger?
    1. Make sure you hit your fat and protein macros.
    2. SNACKS (now this works for me, but may not necessarily work for you) - make healthy choices, have jerky! Long live jerky! Liquid snacks count too. Peppermint tea does it for me, but you could have black coffee (or coffee with skimmed milk) or diet coke if that is what you like
    3. try and stay away from too many high carb/low fat/low protein combinations and sugary sweets
    4. Have a day a week when you eat at maintenance. Take a break, so you don't feel crappy and binge. Maybe do it twice a week. You should enjoy the journey, because it will ultimately translate in to your lifetime habits (or that is the idea at least) - if you look at my diary, I tend to be over my calories quite a bit, but I balance by not logging my walking and as long as the scale is moving (at snail pace, but still moving) I am happy. Don't make yourself miserable over it!

Good luck! :)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    If you say 1550 is maintenance and 1300 is what it will take to lose but is not sustainable then simply do 1300 every other day or every third day. Sure it will take longer but so what. You only have 15 pounds to lose and it will eventually happen. Just eat at 1300 for as many days as you can per month. The only thing I would be worried about is the fact that if 1500 is your maintenance then you would have to only be eating that for the rest of your life....otherwise you would gain it back.
    I do a high protein diet and find it very filling. 8 oz of protein per meal and a huge pile of vegetables such as broccoli or green beans. You'd be amazed how many green beans are in only 75 calories. Then include a low calorie fruit as a snack in between meals. Check out my diary. It is low in carbs, low in sodium and very filling. It's also easy to prepare. I grill up a bunch of chicken on Sunday and then put them in Tupperwares for each meal. I have 8 oz of salmon a couple of times a week. An 8 oz steak once or twice a week. And the rest is chicken. Everything is on the BBQ so no added butter or oil. All my vegetables are the microwave in a bag type so again no added oil or butter.

You say no one gave you meal ideas or how to keep from being hungry....what do you call this? Check my diary as I said....I'm the 1300 calorie person you're talking about. All my meals are pretty simple with usually on three ingredients so its pretty hard to screw that up. Maybe you're not really looking for help and just validation that you're situation is doomed.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    There are lots of seated exercise videos on YouTube. You could also look at using the weight machines at the gym.
    You won't get a high calorie burn, but it may help a little. It will help with holding your fitness level.

Cheers, h.

This was your 10th reply.
    How was this not constructive?

To lose 15lb you can only expect to lose .5 lb a week. You are too close to your goal weight to lose any more.

I have maintained at 1200-1400cals for 6yr, the help I give is the same as anyone, no matter their calorie goal, will give: tighten up logging, weigh everything.

Cheers, h.