Hi My name is Nancy and I'm a late night snacker

Options
I drink this amazing diet coffee during the day but at night I snack and ruin what I accomplished during the day - any suggestions or advice on how to stop the late night snacking?

Replies

• rnohou2010
    rnohou2010 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a tough one! I have always had the same problem. If I could go back and eliminate the crap I've eaten after 8:00 p.m. for the past twenty years I would be 30 pounds lighter right now. Recently, when I come home from work at 10:30 p.m. I microwave a small sausage and wrap it in a tortilla. That's the end of my eating. BUT... then I go out on my porch and have a cigar and a couple of light beers. I certainly do not advocate smoking, but it's pretty hard to be eating when you have a cigar in your mouth! Wish I had a better answer for you. Anyway, welcome to the boards. You'll find lots of support here.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Consider changing your eating patterns to allow yourself a snack or two in the evening.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Make snacks part of your calorie allotment or pick up knitting :)
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up late night snacking. It doesn't matter when you consume the calories as long as you stay within your daily limit. Save some calories for those late night snacking. Keep pre-portion sized snacks around so that you just grab a portion and that is it. People think in order to lose weight they have to give up stuff they enjoy, that is completely false. Eat when your hungry, if you don't it will cause you to want to binge more often. Good luck!