NSV in a different way...

Options
So out of nowhere, sad memories of my last relationship almost triggered a massive binge. I went into the kitchen, about to grab the first box of crackers and anything else I could get my hands on but then I turned around and sat back down.

I overcame self medicating with food...Instead I felt my emotions...That was hard, but I did it.

That is all. :)

Replies

• suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great job for avoiding the binge! That is true success!
  • KG706
    KG706 Posts: 6
    Options
    Way to go!! That is huge. Wishing you many more moments like these along your journey!
  • tafaye
    tafaye Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is the best kind of victory, those where you truly find the strength inside. You found it now you can overcome anything! Great for you!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good for you! So much in this process if bittersweet! Best of luck!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Nice victory! Great job!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love this.
  • FryingPanda
    FryingPanda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ways to goes!:wink:
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Thank you all! In the past I've always turned to food in times of sadness...So it's definitely a growing process when times like tonight happen.
  • depurs20
    depurs20 Posts: 29
    Options
    Great job!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    yay for finding ways to nurture and love ourselves with things other than food!! Congratulations.

GG
  • dlm10
    dlm10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Isn't amazing to realize how far you have come and to appreciate the person you are now becoming! You are amazing and don't you forget it!!
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great job! That is a victory indeed! PS You are beautiful and have GREAT eyebrows! :D
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is HUGE! Congrats! Lasting change IS hard. But you are doing it!!!!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your kind words! I'm so thankful for my MFP community and all your support! :)
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! Good for you.:flowerforyou:

(btw, I love the quote in your signature!)
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    It is sometimes easy for us to forget that God made us emotional; sometimes very emotional. I'm so proud of you for allowing those feelings and not trying to cover them up with food. Good job girlie. Kristie
  • fouchou09
    fouchou09 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is great! Overcoming that kind of emotional trigger is such an important step on your way to long lasting health! An amazing NSV!
  • aconwell
    aconwell Posts: 5
    Options
    Girlie, I understand how emotions are sometimes extremely difficult to feel. We will do anything to avoid them. They are so painful and so hard to deal with. I have extremely difficult and debilitating memories of past relationships that I can hardly face myself. The thing that gives me the most peace when I am feeling those emotions is to write about it. Write about the bad. Write about the good. Remind yourself of all the good things and people in your life and all the people who love you. Thinking about these things will help you trudge through the bad times. Maybe you can take your normal binging reaction and put that energy into writing instead? Way healthier both physically and mentally. And, honey, I am so proud of you. So very proud of you for breaking the norm and refusing to give in to your desire to binge. That is such a huge success. Celebrate yourself! You are amazing! You are a beautiful and strong person!

Good luck in your journey :)

Height: 5'5"
    CW: 168

1st Goal: 156 (Begin Student Teaching- 7/30)
    2nd Goal: 145 (My birthday!- 9/28)
    3rd Goal: 141 (Fit into my cute size 10 pants!!!- 10/8)
    4th Goal: 136.5 (Halloween- 10/31)
    5th Goal: 135 (2nd Anniversary- 11/4)
    GW: 130 (New wardrobe for a new me!!!-11/26)
  • jpalmer7384
    Options
    That is an awesome victory!! For your weight loss goals, and emotional well being!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!