Testing the Water

Options
This is my first post here. I have been struggling with my weight off and on my whole life. I have tried lots of different diets. I'm almost 40, and my weight got up 293. I have been in the Center for Medical Weight Loss program for almost 3 months. I had lost 37 pounds before the area I live in got hit with flooding shutting down most of the businesses and roads. I went back to my old ways of junk/fast food and can't get back on track.

I'm looking for some good folks to send some positive vibes my way. I also want to be there for others struggling with the same weight battle.

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get back on track once you've 'fallen off the wagon', but you have to remember that you did it once you can do it again. You can eat junk/fast food every once in awhile and still stay within your calorie limit. If you have to start out with smaller portions before eliminating it as a daily adventure than go ahead and do that. I have lost 35 lbs so far and have never said I can't eat something. No, I don't go to McDonalds every day or even every week, but there will be times that I grab myself a sandwich from there, log it and go about my day. The most important thing is to do what works for you. Don't expect to be able to give up everything all at once, just lower your portions and incorporate healthier foods, and eventually you won't think about fast food every day. Good luck.
  • heaka75
    heaka75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you read this and give me a boost, and I will try to do the same for you.