Ate all my calories!!!

Options
Any tricks of the trade? Not sure if I will have time to exercise.

Replies

• DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Are you saying that you've already eaten all your calories for today and need a "trick of the trade" to get through the rest of your day without going over your deficit (if any)?! If so, drink water, chew calorie free gum & go to sleep immediately upon arriving home.

Can't eat in yo' sleep, nomsayin'??!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Just eat at maintenance calories for the day, it won't harm :)

Then plan your days food out better.
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    LOL... Trust me. I though of that but have a long night ahead of me.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie goal?
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1200 - TOM - I blew it with Dunkin donut munchkins. Needed chocolate. Those little things are 70 calories each.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies; fills you up for very little kcal. Lots of water. Sometimes on my days like that, I cook up low sodium chicken broth, throw in some veggies and garlic and call it dinner. It fills me up. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Consider another temporary failure, like leaving late for an appointment. This was always a contention between my daughter and me, and I would grouchily scold her that no, I was not going to rush, we were late before we went out the door. I won't compound the failure by speeding.

Once eaten, you can't go back and undo. I suggest you eat reasonably through the rest of the day. You will be over today. That's OK. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for another failure the next time you are starving.

Might I suggest a night-time low calorie hot chocolate sweetened with an artificial sweetener?
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just eat at maintenance calories for the day

This is probably the best idea. Anyway, blood loss can make a person hungrier. Don't sweat it.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up as a learning experience and realize that tomorrow is a new day. One day will never hurt but don't let it affect tomorrow or the next day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    1200 - TOM - I blew it with Dunkin donut munchkins. Needed chocolate. Those little things are 70 calories each.

How tall are you and what are your weekly weight loss goals set to? Unless you are short, with only 29 pounds to lose, you may have too aggressive a calorie deficit.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

How tall are you and what are your weekly weight loss goals set to? Unless you are short, with only 29 pounds to lose, you may have too aggressive a calorie deficit.

This...sounds like you have it set to 2lbs a week.

Move it up to 1lb a week and you will have room for at least some chicken and a salad for dinner tonight.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    It happens. Eat something healthy to get you through today & start over tomorrow.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you can only eat 1200 calories to lose weight???
    About 4/5s of the ladies on these boards struggling to stay at 1200 calories sound like they are tall/young/active/heavy enough to lose at a higher calorie count...
    It's like a disease of the mind! 1200itis!