Headaches and dizziness?

Options
Hi all. Only started yesterday and am aiming to loose 7-10lbs. Just wondering if this headache and lightheadness is normal??

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    From what?
  • Luisa062014
    Luisa062014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough maybe? The app says I should be eating 1200 daily. Hardly had the energy to get through day
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough maybe? The app says I should be eating 1200 daily. Hardly had the energy to get through day

Not eating enough will cause headaches, dizziness, and lack of energy.
  • Luisa062014
    Options
    So how do I stick to it and feel well?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

If you only need to lose 7-10 pounds set MFP to .5 (1/2) a pound weight loss per week. You'll have more calories, and a better chance of being successful.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

What is your calorie goal?
  • YamiElisa
    YamiElisa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found working my way down slowly rather than hitting 1200 straight away really helped! I tried on 1200 and was getting light headed, dizzy, sick etc. So I just kinda worked my way down towards that. It was much easier and as my body got used to it - no more sickness/lack of energy etc. Cravings dropped off too!

Don't forget to eat back a portion of your exercise calories as well to keep yourself properly fueled.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

With so little to lose, don't get impatient. You should set MFP to lose .5 pound per week and stick to the calorie goal it gives you. Eating less than 1200 calories should be the exception and not the rule. In other words, once in awhile is fine, every day is not. Try to net (calories eaten - calories burned in exercise) more than 1200 if you can. Headaches and dizziness are the least of the bad things that can happen to you if you undereat regularly over a period of time.
  • Luisa062014
    Options
    Thanks this is really helpful. I will adjust target loss per week to increase calories
  • megwa2001
    megwa2001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Protein deficit gives headaches & dizziness
    Check your daily macro goal.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others if you only have 10 pounds to lose set it to a half pound per week. No reason to make yourself miserable.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    As everyone above has said, plus make sure you are drinking enough water, flavoured water, clear tea etc.

Cheers, h.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water and eat a sensible amount of calories.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i also did this when i dropped to 1200 calories make your calories between 1400-1600 and you will feel a lot better. at it worked for me.
  • Luisa062014
    Options
    You are right myanimals. I felt a lot bette
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Only started yesterday and am aiming to loose 7-10lbs. Just wondering if this headache and lightheadness is normal??

Are you drinking enough water?

• myaminals
    Options
    glad it helped and you will still lose weight :)
  • myaminals
    Options
    with out being sick.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't go too extreme, particularly at first. That said, it's normal (for me) to feel like crap on the first couple days of a diet. It can take your body some time to adjust to needing to oxidize more of its fat for fuel.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Did you drink a lot of things like regular sodas or fancy coffee drinks that you cut down severely on or even cut out? Headaches and dizziness are signs of caffeine withdrawal also.