Walden Farms PB spread

Options
I tried it and never liked it, but I wanted to try it again (I like some of their products) but try adding Splenda to it. Do you think it would taste better?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    That stuff tastes like creamy salt. I like walden farms products, but cannot stand their pb spread. I'd rather have real pb or pb2
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I bought some a few years ago and found it vile! I thought too that perhaps If I added something to it that it would be palatable...yeah no...I threw it out. And that says a lot because I do not like to waste food and rarely ever do.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I guess I shouldn't feel so bad because I really wasn't wasting food!
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Is PB2 any good? What about the chocolate PB2 too?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    Options
    Is it any good? Like to eat alone? I keep craving peanut butter but I want to eat low calorie kind so save calories for other foods.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Actually the ingredient list isn't to bad on walden farms in terms of chemicals, considering the ingredients on most things we get nowadays is a novel itself! But I do enjoy some of their dressings, and they're syrups. Some of their stuff is good to add to shakes. What I REALLY like though is that I constantly use the salad dressings at home, then when I go to a restaurant and get a real Cesar salad or a just a salad with real dressing (lol) it tastes AMAZINGLY!!! So it has its highs and its lows. It's definitely better than nothing when trying to reduce calories. PB2 is awesome though. It's just defatted peanuts. Lots of protein in it too for the serving size. Also very diverse in its uses as you can sprinkle it over things as well to add peanut flavor(:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Is it any good? Like to eat alone? I keep craving peanut butter but I want to eat low calorie kind so save calories for other foods.

I don't like PB2 as a spread (where you just add water), but I like it a lot for dipping a sliced apple in (leaving it as a powder), or adding it to greek yogurt or protein shakes for PB taste without all the calories. I still use normal peanut butter on toast, I just don't eat it that often because it's pretty calorie dense.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    DO NOT TRY THE PB SO GROSS i gagged. The cesar dressing is good as well as pancake syrup, honey dijon, and balsamic.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I heard the pb spread was nasty. I really like the pancake syrup. I don't even eat pancakes; I use it in oats and coffee :) I use the chocolate and caramel syrups too. The marshmallow fluff isn't bad either, along with some of the dressings.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Their caramel & chocolate syrups are pretty good & I've added it to almond/cashew milk.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use their coffee creamers. I don't think they have bad ingredients per se, but not all of their products taste super great.
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The only things I like from WF are their pancake syrups and fruit spreads... The peanut butter tastes like death and their salad dressings are terrible as well...

Yes they are
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I tried it and never liked it, but I wanted to try it again (I like some of their products) but try adding Splenda to it. Do you think it would taste better?

No ......I'm sure Waldens (science experiment) "peanut" spread already some fake sugar in it....adding more won't help.

Look for PB2 or PB Fit or Just Great Stuff. These are peanut flours. They take actual peanuts and press out the oil. These are like 85% less fat.

These definitely have their uses. I add PB2 to oatmeal - yum. The only way I would use it as a spread.....maybe mix jelly with PB2 for a lower calorie PB&J
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    yus2pmxcqsqk.jpg
    I love peanut flour as opposed to pb2. It's just peanuts while pb2 has salt and sugar added.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I don't like PB2 as a spread (where you just add water), but I like it a lot for dipping a sliced apple in (leaving it as a powder), or adding it to greek yogurt or protein shakes for PB taste without all the calories. I still use normal peanut butter on toast, I just don't eat it that often because it's pretty calorie dense.

PB2 is better when you mix it with something like cashew or almond milk than just water. Still doesn't replicate peanut butter but it improves the taste/texture by a long shot.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    yus2pmxcqsqk.jpg
    I love peanut flour as opposed to pb2. It's just peanuts while pb2 has salt and sugar added.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Same brand too!