I lost 20 lbs, then gained it all back and more... I can do this, I just need help!

Options
I'm 27yrs old and I am a department manager over the photo and wireless area of our local Walmart... I have a boyfriend named Josh, who doesn't live with me but wants me to be happy... I want to lose this weight I have gained. Out of nowhere it seems, so I am going to a dietician. She taught me how to read labels and what I need and don't need... But I think my problem is forming a habit and I need support. I used to be on this app every day, but then I guess life happened..... And I quit. I am starting to get back into things, but I am having a hard time with planning meals, and eating at certain times... And I would also like to gain the support of others around me, but it hasn't been working. What has worked for you guys to get motivated, stay motivated, and how can I achieve the support I need so badly from the ones that I love? I need more support than just, 'I want to do this too,' and then it doesn't happen (mainly because we work opposite schedules and have a terrible time coming up with different ideas for meals) we are also not very well off, I make just enough to not qualify for any help, which is great but I can't afford a lot.

Replies

• serpentinetales
    serpentinetales Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I gained back weight after a foot injury. What is helping me now is advance food planning. I think planning some things that can be turned into a meal quickly and having a food scale help a lot. I made a big tuna salad and twenty chicken patties from ground chicken. Then having some nuts, salad and veggies and fruits already washed/cut up helps. The first time I had weight to lose I got a job teaching water fitness because I knew being in fitness would motivate me and it did . I think studying to be a dietician will really help you in a similar way. I would pick a few classes you like - at the YMCA - and stick to a schedule. The YMCA has reduced fees if you need them based on income.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Well the first thing is you did the right thing to come back here. And you know you have done it before, so you know you can do it again.

Many moons ago, I lost 45 lbs while on Weight Watchers. About a week after I made maintenance, I ate some really good fried chicken, something I denied myself the months it took me to lose the weight. What will be different this time, is that I'm gonna have that friend chicken and chocolate cake and anything else I want, but I'm gonna earn it by not using up all my daily calories, and earning some calories by getting in some form of excercise, so that I have a nice bank of calories to draw from. Acknowledge your cravings and it will lose some of its power.

The first 2 weeks of the WW program and this one are difficult. You are changing habits, good and bad. Acknoweldge that. Take it one day at a time. If you decide to go gung ho the first few days, realize that is often times unsustainable. So take baby steps. Add a veggie or fruit to every meal. Drink plenty of water, and get good sleep. Though some people have made significant weight lose without it, excersing is important. Right now, I walk my dogs longer and with a greater pace. I love how I feel afterwards. I don't ache like I use to, and my emotional health skyrockets with positivity, something you're gonna need on your journey, being positive.

I love posting here, lurking at everyone's posts, reading the success stories, esp. the ones with pictures. So, so encouraging!

I also visualize the woman I want to look like and feel like. I consider myself a masterpiece in the making...Michaelangelo created magnificent pieces of art. They looked like nothing at the start but day by day the beauty of the image emerged. You too are a masterpiece, and as the artist you decide how it will be achieved.

Best to you on this wonderful adventure!!!
  • happy596
    happy596 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ibknow it can be hard but you can do this I know yo cab
  • bearondiet
    bearondiet Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do a rigorous reverse dieting after you are done with weight loss. Otherwise, you gain the weight back.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Well the first thing is you did the right thing to come back here. And you know you have done it before, so you know you can do it again.

Many moons ago, I lost 45 lbs while on Weight Watchers. About a week after I made maintenance, I ate some really good fried chicken, something I denied myself the months it took me to lose the weight. What will be different this time, is that I'm gonna have that friend chicken and chocolate cake and anything else I want, but I'm gonna earn it by not using up all my daily calories, and earning some calories by getting in some form of excercise, so that I have a nice bank of calories to draw from. Acknowledge your cravings and it will lose some of its power.

The first 2 weeks of the WW program and this one are difficult. You are changing habits, good and bad. Acknoweldge that. Take it one day at a time. If you decide to go gung ho the first few days, realize that is often times unsustainable. So take baby steps. Add a veggie or fruit to every meal. Drink plenty of water, and get good sleep. Though some people have made significant weight lose without it, excersing is important. Right now, I walk my dogs longer and with a greater pace. I love how I feel afterwards. I don't ache like I use to, and my emotional health skyrockets with positivity, something you're gonna need on your journey, being positive.

I love posting here, lurking at everyone's posts, reading the success stories, esp. the ones with pictures. So, so encouraging!

I also visualize the woman I want to look like and feel like. I consider myself a masterpiece in the making...Michaelangelo created magnificent pieces of art. They looked like nothing at the start but day by day the beauty of the image emerged. You too are a masterpiece, and as the artist you decide how it will be achieved.

Best to you on this wonderful adventure!!!

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    That was really a nice response to airukha2006!
    I agree about coming here and reading..... Very good motivation.
  • airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bearondiet wrote: »
    Do a rigorous reverse dieting after you are done with weight loss. Otherwise, you gain the weight back.
    Can you explain what this means?
  • airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to read and respond, I really appreciate it! I'm on my lunch break now 'lurking' on others for motivation. :) haha
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost 23 pounds and gained it all back. I was doing weight watchers at the time but once I stop I stop working the program. I'm trying to make this a lifestyle change and not just a diet.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I also lost to goal and then closed up the MFP ap, stopped logging, patted myself on the back, and gained 25 pounds back in a mere 5 months (I'd lost 20). I came back here after a year and I share and help and participate. I also read everyone's stories and am learning to understand a lot about the issues many of us have with food. I know I don't have as much to lose as many, but I was heading for big big weight gain time. You can do this. One day won't ruin anything. The more you can read on here the more questions you'll have answered. You have the rest of your life so make a commitment and stick with it. When you slip up, shrug it off and just keep going.