What a 50 pound weight loss feels like.

Options
I have lost 51 pounds since January 4 and would like to take off another 24 or so. Things that I have noticed so far:
* being able to ride in the back seat with my two grandkids sitting in their boosters and not feeling totally squished
* being able to use the elliptical at the gym for a much longer period of time (from 1 minute my first attempt to 20 minutes now... could do more but I need my knee replaced and that is all it can handle
* being able to buy clothes in the regular size department and regular size panty hose (required for job)
* needing to return to the clothes department from the fitting room for a smaller size because the items you took into the fitting room were too big
* seeing that I actually had a neck under the extra chin
* needing to get my rings resized but smaller this time
* being able to keep track of the clothes I have donated for a nice tax deduction next year
* reaching one of my big goals of not being so heavy when my new granddaughter was born.. felt great welcoming her into the world last Tuesday and not cringing when I saw my picture holding her

For those of you who are just beginning the journey, take it one minute, hour, and day at a time. We didn't put it on overnight. Do it for you first. Set short term goals. Put together a biggest loser group at work. Our group is from post secondary education so we have 10-week quarters at work. I was able to take off 25.5 lbs the first ten weeks, took off 4 lbs the next two weeks while on vacation, and just did my final weigh in of the quarter today and took off 21.5 lbs for a total so far of 51. Enjoy every step of the process, log in and post daily, and be honest with yourself. You can do it.

Replies

• Tracie7974
    Options
    This was really nice to read....thanks for sharing. =)
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration!
  • tluttrell
    tluttrell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    *Like*
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This is really inspiring to me, particularly the part about the 1 minute start on the ellipitcal. That's all I could do last week. So I've been working hard on the treadmill (the most comfortable for me right now) and am going to see how I do this week. Then keep trying daily to see how far I can get.

Congratulations to you!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nice post, and I need to keep reminding myself of this...lost 15 so far, and 40 to go...seems so far away at times but then one day at a time
  • 22silvia
    22silvia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! That motivates me:flowerforyou:
  • SheCantWeight
    SheCantWeight Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wow that's great! thank you
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading your post! Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter! Hope you post the picture of you holding her.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience my first time on the elliptical... and I never tried again. Thanks to you, I *will* try again! :happy:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    This is really inspiring to me, particularly the part about the 1 minute start on the ellipitcal. That's all I could do last week. So I've been working hard on the treadmill (the most comfortable for me right now) and am going to see how I do this week. Then keep trying daily to see how far I can get.

Congratulations to you!

Just a suggestion...I started on the elliptical for 1 minute also and worked up by adding 30seconds each time I worked out. I felt like it wasn't too hard that way and my motto is always "I can do 30seconds of anything"! Before you know it, you'll be able to stay on for a longer time! Good luck!
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    I love this post. Congratulations on your weight loss, and also for your new grandbaby! :flowerforyou:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I have lost 51 pounds since January 4 and would like to take off another 24 or so. Things that I have noticed so far:
    * being able to ride in the back seat with my two grandkids sitting in their boosters and not feeling totally squished
    * being able to use the elliptical at the gym for a much longer period of time (from 1 minute my first attempt to 20 minutes now... could do more but I need my knee replaced and that is all it can handle
    * being able to buy clothes in the regular size department and regular size panty hose (required for job)
    * needing to return to the clothes department from the fitting room for a smaller size because the items you took into the fitting room were too big
    * seeing that I actually had a neck under the extra chin
    * needing to get my rings resized but smaller this time
    * being able to keep track of the clothes I have donated for a nice tax deduction next year
    * reaching one of my big goals of not being so heavy when my new granddaughter was born.. felt great welcoming her into the world last Tuesday and not cringing when I saw my picture holding her

For those of you who are just beginning the journey, take it one minute, hour, and day at a time. We didn't put it on overnight. Do it for you first. Set short term goals. Put together a biggest loser group at work. Our group is from post secondary education so we have 10-week quarters at work. I was able to take off 25.5 lbs the first ten weeks, took off 4 lbs the next two weeks while on vacation, and just did my final weigh in of the quarter today and took off 21.5 lbs for a total so far of 51. Enjoy every step of the process, log in and post daily, and be honest with yourself. You can do it.

Congratulations Cindy!!! I can't wait to accomplish this and you did it in such a short amount of time!! Truly inspiring!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    that's cool, I have few myself, some of the same and a few that have to do with a mans body :blushing:
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Good job! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • celestedavis
    celestedavis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • SummerLuvR
    SummerLuvR Posts: 90
    Options
    That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing that inspiration. :)
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I can only dream about ultimately losing 50 pounds. I was just at my seamstress and she said she was re-doing a wardrobe for a lady that lost 40 lbs. Sounds like fun. My skinny clothes are all dry rotted, so on the positive side I would need to buy some new clothes. Thanks for the inspiration Many of like hearing about the changes. It is motivating.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    "I can do 30 seconds of anything"!

:laugh: :laugh: Thinking of something I bet you wouldnt :laugh: :laugh: