Alcohol (low calorie drink ideas)

Options
lynxcoco
lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
Any drinkers (alcohol) ...what is your favorite low cal drink? I need new ideas because I'm not gonna stop drinking (not an option) and no, I don't need to light a candle (only true drinkers will get that joke) but I do enjoy my cocktails. Bethanny's skinny girl margarita's are very pricey in my area at $15 a bottle.

Replies

• MelissaDickerson
    Options
    Cascade Ice makes drink mixers that are only 2 calories. The appletini one with whip cream vodka is my favorite right now, and its only 62cals!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Add me and check the dinner diary for tonight. 540 calories for oen drink. But I'm going under the table
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'll drink jack and coke zero, vodka waters, vodka sodas, vodka martinis, vodka water and crystal light....

oh vodka, the drink of life
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I can't remember where I got this from but I saved it :wink:

Top 5 worst drinks:
    1. Margarita in a pint glass (2 oz. tequila, 2 oz. margarita/sour mix, 1 oz. triple sec, lime juice, 1 tsp. sugar) - 550 calories (11)
    2. Mudslide (1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. Irish cream, 1.5 oz. vodka) - 417 calories (8.5)
    3. Long Island Ice Tea (1 oz. vodka, gin, rum, tequila, and triple sec, 2 oz. sour mix, splash of cola) - 380 calories (8)
    4. White Russian (1.5 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz. cream) - 320 calories (6.5)
    5. Piña Colada (1.5 oz. rum, 1.5 oz. coconut cream, 3 oz. pineapple juice) - 293 calories (6)

Top 5 best drinks:
    1. Rum and Diet Coke (1 oz. rum) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Use diet sodas as mixers, such as gin and diet tonic, diet 7Up and Seagrams 7, diet ginger ale and Jack Daniels, and so on.
    2. Vodka and Diet Soda (1 oz. vodka) - 65 calories (1.5)
    Tip: Try this with flavored vodka, such as raspberry, vanilla, or mandarin.
    3. White Wine Spritzer (4 oz. white wine topped with club soda) - 80 calories (2)
    4. Bloody Mary (1 oz. vodka, 4 oz. tomato juice, dash of Tabasco and pepper) - 90 calories (2)
    5. Light Beer - 100 calories (2)
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I enjoy pineapple Malibu with Sprite Zero. It's around 70 calories a drink though. I've no idea if that's considered low calorie for liquor!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    youtube her....she shows you how to make them on there, which would most likely be cheaper than buying the bottle. Or...you can just do diet coke and vodka or any drink mix with no calories and any clear liqour
  • jlm1182
    jlm1182 Posts: 19
    Options
    Budweiser Select 55 is 55 calories (hence the name). I like it with a lime wedge in it.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    A Mojito made with Sprite Zero instead of club soda and sugar. Mint, lime, Sprite Zero and Bacardi rum. Perfect for a hot night too. :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Vodka with Club soda with and a lemon or lime or blueberry vodka with crystal light lemonade
    When I just feel like drinking with my friends, who are mostly beer drinkers I drink Bud Select 55. Its a little like water, but I still enjoy it.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Careful of the mixers! Thats what gets ya!
  • jlm1182
    jlm1182 Posts: 19
    Options
    Pineapple Malibu and sprite zero sounds AWESOME! I gotta try that!
  • Brooke1542
    Brooke1542 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only drink Vodka/Water with a lemon or lime. If I'm drinking beer, I usually try and go for Mic Ultra.
  • Kallisti
    Kallisti Posts: 61
    Options
    For a hot summer day: Smash up fresh mint and half a lime in the bottom of a glass. Add the desired amount of your favorite vodka (I like an orange flavored vodka for this). Fill glass with diet ginger ale. Calories are 10-15 for the lime and mint, and 70'ish per ounce of vodka.
  • lynxcoco
    Options
    Cascade Ice makes drink mixers that are only 2 calories. The appletini one with whip cream vodka is my favorite right now, and its only 62cals!

Oh yeah, Oh yeah...doing a happy dance!
  • lynxcoco
    Options
    Thank you guys...I knew I wasn't the only drinker! LOL I will try them all!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    For a hot summer day: Smash up fresh mint and half a lime in the bottom of a glass. Add the desired amount of your favorite vodka (I like an orange flavored vodka for this). Fill glass with diet ginger ale. Calories are 10-15 for the lime and mint, and 70'ish per ounce of vodka.

That sounds refreshing...
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys...I knew I wasn't the only drinker! LOL I will try them all!

Don't try them all in one night!
  • snc1019
    snc1019 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light has a new "mocktail" mix. I haven't found it yet- apparently it's flying off the shelves- but I'm defininely interested in finding it and trying it!
  • prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    I usually just account for those calories during the day so I can enjoy a regular beer or mixed drink. This usually motivates me to work out a little harder at the gym that day!
  • bybybelly
    bybybelly Posts: 56
    Options
    Crystal Light has a new "mocktail" mix. I haven't found it yet- apparently it's flying off the shelves- but I'm defininely interested in finding it and trying it!

My sister bought me some...the Margarita flavor. Haven't tried it but since Margs are my weakness I am hopeful:love: