Late night snacking help!

Options
Hello everyone any suggestions on late night healthy snacks? Sorry If posted before I'm kinda new in the forum. I get a little hungry right before I go to bed (anywhere from 9-11) and water just don't do it for me. Thanks in advance

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I budget calories for a night time snack. I like this:

s2ju8alnfrkt.jpg
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Give yourself something that won't fill you up but will tie you over to the morning.. I recommend having anything dairy right before bed like a glass of milk and strawberries or something with a bit of fats like peanut butter or avocado
  • marylovesnini
    marylovesnini Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) you are a big help now I got to run to the store for more milk, cheese sticks and strawberries
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    For me, it's air popped popcorn or a 50 calorie cheese stick.
  • emilypsb
    emilypsb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like bread and butter pickles. Just make sure to get ones with good ingredients. They are very low calorie and satisfy both salty and sweet cravings
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump, this happens to me a lot. I have a good day till the night comes...
  • saucesofit
    saucesofit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    beverlicin wrote: »
    Bump, this happens to me a lot. I have a good day till the night comes...

I find what makes me most successful is to plan my day ahead. It's a lot easier for me to stick to it if I have my dinner and a healthy "dessert" that fits my numbers planned out early in the day. If I see it written down, I follow.

Beyond that, I find drinking tea at night to be very helpful. You're not only increasing your water for the day - which helps with keeping you satiated - but also getting just a bit of sweetness that is is often craved at night.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your days to include a night time snack.
  • NeonStrikeVi
    NeonStrikeVi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Pre-log your days to include a night time snack.

This. When you've pre-logged you know exactly what to get rather than looking around and getting tempted by whatever you have in the fridge/cupboards.
  • Hegemone
    Hegemone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I combine protein with complex carbs for my bedtime snack, such as some whole grain gluten free crackers and light string cheese or fat free greek yogurt, sliced fruit, a small amount of whole grain cereal, cocoa powder and stevia. I try to keep my snacks to around 100 calories. Sweet dreams!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I eat air-popped popcorn with butter pretty much every night. I log it when I'm logging my breakfast.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits your macros/calories for the day. I'm low on fat tonight and have the calories for peanut butter, so I'll be having that. I also popped 60g of popcorn kernels in a paper bag. You can weigh out however many you can fit in your day.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    And yes, my snack is pre logged either in the morning, or the day before. I work my day around it and pull and add as the day progresses.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    So I LOVE late night snacking, and I don't think I can live my life without it. So I've been able to lose my weight while including late night snacking! I usually try to eat well throughout the day (getting all my protein goals met and everything) and then I save a large amount of calories for my evening snack. Usually this is not a "healthy" snack. I just ate 2 snack size snickers bars and 2 small homemade cookies. Other times I just love a huge bowl of popcorn! Or ice cream! I've lost 74 pounds doing this so I think I'm doing ok. :)