Abs and Obliques

Options
Hey guys! I know you can't target a specific area because fat burns evenly throughout the body, but I was wondering if anyone has some way of getting this ab/oblique fat off. Its the hardest part for everyone and recently its become my downfall. I have vacation in a little over a month so id like to see a tiny change before then. Just enough so I have a little self-esteem boost. Just under 3 months left until my surgery - id like to see a big enough difference by then so im confident I wont be back at square one when the recovery is over. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    im wondering the same!! ugh lol
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    It's not that fat burns EVENLY... It depends on your genes/ body type. Your body has a mind of its own and decides which parts lose fat first, as well as most. Some people do lose evenly, while others start losing in face first, legs first, etc.

I'd suggest lots of cardio for pure fat loss, and some oblique/ ab strength exercises for toning. :)
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would try adding a medicine ball or a yoga ball to your crunches. They both really help! But yes you cannot target specific areas, as you already know :)

Medicine ball workout that I use and love:
    1) sit on the floor, feet planted on the ground and knees angled up, lean your upper body back at a 45 degree angle so you can feel your abs supporting you
    2) bring the medicine up to your stomach in your hands, then swiftly but smoothly bring the ball to your left side. Let the ball touch the ground, then swiftly but smoothly bring the ball to your right side and let it touch the ground. Repeat multiple times.

Yoga ball workout:
    1) Lie on your back and prop up on your arms.
    2) place the yoga ball between your feet or ankles
    3) raise your legs straight off the ground and hold a few inches above floor for 3 seconds, then let down
    4) repeat
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ab Blast is a fantastic ab work out!!! It is a DVD made by Hollywood Trainer. You should be able to get it really cheap from Amazon! Good luck!