How much water to drink each day??

Options
I am a sedentary 300 pound female who is 5 feet 5 inches tall. Hoe much water should I be drinking a day???

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Enough to make sure your urine is pale yellow. Keep in mind that you get fluid from eating and also from other beverages.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've heard that you should drink half your weight in ounces.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Enough to hydrate your body
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Same as above -- halve your weight, drink that in ounces.
    If you're at 300lbs now, your goal would be 150oz. Although that's a lot if you're just getting started. Try for around 100oz to start. And yes, you get water from veggies n fruits, etc.
    I tend to include flavored waters and sometimes hot tea into my water count, as i drink a lot of hot tea!
    If you're able, take a sip/drink every 15-20 minutes. Over the course of an hour, aim for 8-12 oz.
    Good luck!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Enough to make sure your urine is pale yellow. Keep in mind that you get fluid from eating and also from other beverages.
    ^ Correct answer.

Too many variables to universally prescribe a certain number, or even a range. A 145 lb. female who sits at a desk all day will have vastly different hydration requirements than a 145 lb. female who engages in several hours of rigorous exercise. And so on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just heard half my weight in water would cause water poinsoning...
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Enough to pee frequently. I drink 32 ounces before lunch then whatever happens for the rest of the day like 8 ounces per meal . Then nature calls 4 to 5 times . Water is detrimental for losing weight and assists in replenishing nutrients to the muscles after a workouts.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

No it won't..

And the water is actually 67% of your weight + another 12 ounces for every hour you are active/exercise..

But start with 100 to 125 ounces and let your body get used to peeing this much..
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

Um yeah, 150 pounds of water would not be pleasant. :wink: You probably mean ounces but I wouldn't want to drink that much either! It honestly doesn't matter for weight loss, just make sure you're hydrated as indicated above.
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lots!