Suck it up, Buttercup!

Options
Good Morning-
Someone once said, "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired". It is time for a change! I have gained and lost over 600 lbs in my life on various diets. I need to change my lifestyle. So- I am going to give this a go. I think that this technology can make a difference as long as I am disciplined enough to track every calorie that come into my body. That is the challenge when I am not disciplined enough to eat properly in the first place. So my goal-
1- track every bite i eat
2- stick to whole foods
3- get fit daily
Thanks for reading- I will support and be supported as this journey begins!!!!
Jason

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's a long road. Lots of ups and downs. Good luck!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome man. Well done on the first step, now it's all about keeping it up.

What do you mean when you say "stick to whole foods". One of the best things about MFP and really understanding how this all works, is that you really can eat what you like. You just have to eat it in reasonable amounts and make it work within your allowance.

If "stick to whole foods" means not touching the things you really enjoy then this is going to be a whole lot harder than it needs to be.
  • healthy_lovez
    healthy_lovez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Same boat man! I have been up and down my whole life. SOOOO ready to be done with it once and for all. Make a lifestyle change and stick with it. Good luck to you!
  • ThomasB6197
    ThomasB6197 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am with you up and down many times - sick of it. Good luck!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    One word of advice that you will hear a lot. Get a good food scale. Weigh everything in grams and log everything.

Good luck.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Be patient and try to stay consistent with your logging and whatever exercise you do. Buy a digital food scale and weigh your food, it's eye opening! Stick to your calorie goals but don't deprive yourself of foods you enjoy, just try to eat them in moderation. If you have foods that trigger over eating don't have them around, at least at first....... ;)

Take your time, it's not a race it's a life changing adventure!

Make some friends here and maybe join some groups or challenges that appeal to you. Having friends and accountability really helps!

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!
  • pinkpistola
    pinkpistola Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I just came back myself and am in need of a serious tune up! You're in a great spot to get healthier and everyone has been very supportive. Stay accountable and help someone else along the way : )