Eating Schedule....

Options
So i see that most ppl have set times throughout the day to eat... & idk wat times are best for me or how to figure them out? I generally wake up every morning at 630am n go to bed around 10pm... does anybody have any suggestions??

Replies

• julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Generally it is said you should eat something within a half hour of waking out to start your metabolism.
    I just haven't done it and don't usually eat until 10 once I am settled at work and have my oatmeal then.. about 2 hours after getting up.
    I try to eat dinner before 7 now and then maybe a small snack at 8 or 9 but nothing heavy. Usually go to bed about 11.
    I have a few snacks in between when I can like yogurt or cottage cheese or cocoa roast almonds. Or a think thin protein bar or fiber one bar if I am on the run.

Just do what works for you and give it time while you get started. Good luck!
  • Melisa25
    Melisa25 Posts: 16
    Options
    I eat every two to three hours. You need to eat within one hour of getting up in the morning. From there you can space the meals out. I eat 5-6 meals a day with 200-300 calories each time. Keep carbs less than 30g and protein more than 10g each time. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i eat usually within like a half hour of waking up and then i usually try to eat about every three hours and try to quit eating at like 7ish and go to bed by ten
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    id also suggest eating more in the morning.every thing i have read suggests to eat a big meal in the morning and a smaller dinner
  • lkdad_nagy
    lkdad_nagy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I try to eat within 30mins of waking and then through out the day I eat every 2-3 hours. I first have breakfast then two hours later a morning snack. two hrs after that lunch, then two hrs after that an afternoon snack. Then two hrs later Dinner. Some nights depending on how late I stay up I sometimes add a evening snack if I'm up two hours after dinner. :) Dont worry about eatting exactly on time just close to it. Once your body gets used to it you'll know its about time because you will feel hungry every couple hours.
  • jessamyx
    jessamyx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're like me, which I assume you are. You're hypothyroid, right? I am on meds for it. I take my meds immediatly upon waking (usually 7am'ish). The meds require you wait 1 hour to eat...but I try not to wait any longer than that if I can help it. The others are correct, you don't want to wait too long, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and it can kick start your metabolism for the day :)

Hope this helps! It might not be a bad idea to ask your Dr as well; especially if your hypo :)

Good luck!! You're doing great!!!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I try and eat at least 6 small meals per day beginning 1 hour after I wake up. My schedule is Breakfast @ 8AM, then a mid-morning snack around 10AM, Lunch at about 1pm, a mid-afternoon snack and 3pm and dinner no later than 8pm, but I try to do dinner around 7pm so I wont go to bed with such a full tummy.

I find that having an eating schedule helps me stay on track. Find something that works for you and you will do just fine!