Figuring out calories burned...

Options
I'm posting this bc I honestly can't afford to get a HRM right now to assist me. I'm possibly changing gyms from Planet Fitness to Golds gym, where they have multiple classes I can take. I need a change in my workout style. However, without a heart rate monitor, I have no idea even where to start to figure out approximately how many calories I would be burning during these classes or swimming ect. Since I know there is loads of support here, I thought I would ask the question and see what advice i would get......

So what is the best way to figure out how many calories I have burned during my exercise if I don't have a HRM??

Replies

• lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    same here! lol
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well.. no help here I guess! Sorry.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm

this is a great place to start. they take into account your weight in figuring your calories burned for lots of different exercises. and there is more than just this one table, all the links you can click on will bring up more tables. the number given is the burn per hour, so just divide by 60 to get the burn per minute and you can put it in MFP as your own custom exercise to get a more accurate count.

hope this helps!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Ill try that.