Hi I'm new!

Options
Just started myfitnesspal today, but downloaded the app a long time ago apparently. So far i really like it. I was going to keep a food journal in a spiral notebook until I found this app on my phone. Too Cool!! I would love some tips about being on here.

Thanks!
Angel

Replies

• bmplazola
    bmplazola Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi :0)

One tip I would give you (which has helped me the most) is to log on and search for the foods you are about to eat.
    This way, you'll see the nutritional values and the CALORIES before you eat them. And, this will help you modify your meal to have it fit with your goals

In the long run, it will help in making wiser food choices.
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Also, post everything. You'd be amazed at the nutritional value (or lack thereof) for some of the foods we eat. Just knowing what I've put into my body helps me make wiser choices.

Welcome!
  • mrsway
    mrsway Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My tip is to just be honest and faithful to your goals! If you keep up with it things will get easier and at the same time you will start to find yourself moving in the right direction :) also being active in the community on any of the message boards, as you will meet wonderful people who will be there with you every step of the way!
  • alwaysangel
    alwaysangel Posts: 203
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:
  • rlynn1150
    rlynn1150 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Be honest about what you log in... You are only cheating yourself if you don't enter something you've eaten. Also, it really helps me to log everything I'm going to eat that day in the morning. It keeps me from "running out" of calories for the day.
  • Jennifer8102
    Options
    I'm new too, and I love this application! It really does help!!!
  • lammermoor27
    Options
    Go through the app's foods and find things you know you already eat, so that way you won't be tempted to just not log it because you don't have time right that second.

Hello and Welcome!