Calorie and Heart Rate monitor

tnkhart
tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
Hello Everyone. I just got Power90 and still looking over the paper work and what I need. One of them is a Calorie and Heart Rate monitor that is accurate. Suggestions please?

Replies

• kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    bump and which one is a good one i would also like to know
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    I think most people will recommend the Polar brand HRMs. I personally have a Sportsline Duo which is about the same as the Polar FT7. Mine was about $120 and included a 2 year warrenty. It is super easy to work and you can make it do ALOT of crazy things, or just keep it simple like I do, counting cals, measuring distance and heart rate. Hope this helps!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    I love my Timex Zone Trainer - I paid around $60 for it on Amazon. It has good reviews there too!
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    I have a Polar FT7, and I highly recommend! You can get one on Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Silver/dp/B001U0OFDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307588081&sr=8-1), and if you don't mind waiting a little longer, you can get free super saver shipping on it.

It's been such a great asset to me! My trainer at the gym recommended it to me. She said the FT4 while cheaper isn't any good, but that the FT7 is good.

I hope this helps :)
  • You dont NEED one, but it is really helpful when trying to determine what you burned during your exercise. I have a New Balance ProFit watch that I got from Target. It was like $59 I think. It tells your heart rate, calories, has an alarm and a bunch of other functions on it. Today I did the Core Synergystics on the P90X and burned 851 calories...something I wouldn't have known how to log if I did't have a counter. Good Luck!!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    I have a Polar HRM, you can spend anywhere from $50 for a FT2 to several hundred for ones like RS800CX SD. Mine doesn't calculate calories, I plug in my exercise time and average HR into a web based calculator like:
    http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    There are so many, it's hard to recommend just one.... Best thing to do is to get one you can afford. Make sure you get one with a chest strap... they are more accurate. I have had a Bowflex and a Polar F11, I like my Bowflex, I love my Polar.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    I have a polar FT7 that I bought for $120. I think a HRM is something you should invest in. It makes logging workouts more convenient.
  • tnkhart
    tnkhart Posts: 72 Member
    Some good stuff !! I will be doing some research tonight. Thank you all for your input and great information.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Polar FT4!