how often do you weigh yourself ?!!

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Top often..I need to just put the scale in my car at this point
  • HeatherElizabethWarren
    Options
    I'm seriously thinking about handing my scale to by husband and making him hide it from me, and only give it back once a week. Im weighing every morning and evening. It's making me cray. Lol
  • jessikundrick
    jessikundrick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    About once a week. I don't want to do it every day because your weight will fluctuate a lot day to day, and I'm just interested in the downward trend.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,613 Member
    Options
    Every day - first thing in the morning - I only record new lows and ignore slight fluctuations up. I also measure my waist once a month and get a real boast out of seeing another inch disappear. I find it very rewarding to see any new low. Everyone's different so you must find what works for you.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Daily, same time, place, bat channel.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Now I'm on maintenance, I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks! Ordinarily, it'd be weekly! Must get back in the habit!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Daily

and it links to trendweight which gives me a great trendline so that I don't care about fluctuations (via my fitbit account but you don't need an actual fitbit)

for example today I am 3+ lbs up on 3 days ago .. if I didn't know better I'd panic but I know it's water weight because of sodium and a killer leg day

so meh

• jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Daily. Same time and place. I don't go crazy about slight ups and understand the scale doesn't go down daily in a straight line. I am just interested in seeing how my body weight fluctuates. If those fluctuations will have you worrying and obsessing then do it weekly or less.
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Daily as well. It allows me to better understand just how non-linear weight loss is. And to know how the things you eat and activities you do cause some of those changes.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i have to physically stop myself weighing every day - because im not the person that can handle the fluctuations
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I do daily. It has helped me learn my natural and not so natural fluctuations.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every 2nd day but will now be changing to weekly or 2 day weekly weigh-ins :)
  • dwasson56
    dwasson56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every morning and as much as I hate to admit it, sometimes in the evenings. I guess I'm one of those obsessed people!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 times a week, just to check I'm staying in and around same weight. its easy to get hung up on scale numbers, some find them helpful to know what makes scale swing up/down, others can't handle it.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    2 to 3 times a week, sometimes daily for a stretch. I skip the week of my period as I just end up panicking for no reason. I never go more than ten days without weighing.
  • superhockeymom
    superhockeymom Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    2x in the morning, when I get home from work and usually before bed. But I'm crazy so what can I say.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Every morning for the past 3 months with the exception of travel (2 weeks out of those 3 months).
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but like others, I pay most attention to the trend line on TrendWeight.
  • lucyleigh4
    lucyleigh4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Daily, same time, place, bat channel.

Ditto. I like to watch the trend.