Just starting...feeling down today

Options
HI :) I recently signed on to myfitnesspal.com after hearing about it from a friend. She managed to lose 10 lbs in about a month and I have been trying to lose weight for a while now so I figured I'd give it a shot. I am 5'4" and 150 lbs. It disgusts me to say/type that. I have always (until the past few years) been a size 7 and weighed anywhere between 127 and 135. Now I'm in a size 11 and it breaks my heart. I have been doing the P90X for about three weeks now and have been counting calories for about a week or so and haven't managed to lose a pound! I dont know if this is because its the muscle building or what, but my clothes don't feel any different and the scale certainly hasnt moved. So needless to say, I'm feeling bummed about it. If anyone has any sort of advice to help me, I would really appreciate it. I'm going to try and keep with it though. Who knows, maybe one day the scale will surprise me. :brokenheart:
- Vanessa

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. There are a lot of people on here who can help. Maybe try opening up your food diary to public, some people will be able to look it over and let you know if you should make changes to what your eating. :)

Don't give up! Keep at it!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place! Please keep it up. If you are interested, you can open up your food diary, and get some suggestions on what you might change to get better results. This is a very supportive community. Don't give up - everyone here is on a similar journey with you. Just keep living and learning!
    Good luck!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, stick with it and stay positive.
    I am sure if you keep doing what your doing you'll get the results you are looking for!
    Good Luck!!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    just keep at it, review ur diet, are you watching ur portions, fat, sugar, sodium etc. If ur then switch up ur exercise routine but dont give up. There are times i hop on the scale with no results & i dont freak out, i just keep moving, good luck:flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and you will see results. Are you eating enough. You can not starve yourself. You will not be able to keep it up if you do.
  • vmckenzie82
    Options
    I'm eating the calories the site tells me too, but its offset by my exercise. When I log my exercise in for the day it tells me that I'm eating too little???? The P90X burns a lot of calories...does that mean that I have to eat MORE to make up for it?
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people say you should eat your exercise calories back. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, try eating 1/2 of them for a week or so and see if you see a change.
  • niecers
    niecers Posts: 3
    Options
    I know how you feel. I was doing P90X and really wasnt getting the results i wanted, don't get me wrong i like the program but i need some serious cardio. Im on my second week of "Insanity" program and OMG, if you want to loose some fat this is the way to start. Im on my second round of it. I am being more dedicated this time around, I got down to 134 and on my first round and didn't stick with it. But im tellng you, I like the food menu better, your cooking less and the workouts reallyt kick your *kitten*. I also go on youtube, and type "Insanity results for women", those are some real motivational videos. Get the insanity program, you will not be disappointed!!!
  • eyespy32
    eyespy32 Posts: 4
    Options
    I wouldn't worry to much about it. I know its frustrating, however sometimes it takes some peoples bodies longer to start loosing the weight. For myself, it took about a month to get noticeable results. You have been at it for a week. Keep up the hard work and it will eventually pay off :)

JUST DONT GIVE UP!!! :)