1,200 Caloires

Options
2»

Replies

• deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    If you have only been eating 1200 calories AND working out 45+ minutes you need more food.

Eat more!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining sodium or holding water weight. Don't weigh yourself every day, it will drive you crazy! What kinds of foods are you eating? It's not just about quantity, its about quality. Muscle is denser than fat, so it could be you're gaining muscle instead of burning fat (which is a good thing!) Your weight varies by day, even by hour!, so I would suggest only weighing yourself about once a week at most. I weigh only once a week to track progress and then record my official weight every 2 weeks or at the beginning of the month.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I am surprised to hear that MFP overestimates calorie burn, (although I am very new). I say this because I am a dance/fitness/spin instructor and I find it significantly UNDER estimates what I burn in a spin class or while cycling, also I question what it says for dance (at least the way I dance, ha!). I couldn't find anything for my other significant activity, paddleboarding, so I entered that myself, based on my personal average calorie burn.

Thanks for mentioning that; I will be careful when I log a different activity.

blessings.
  • QueenNanna
    QueenNanna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When lifting you are gaining muscle, which burns fat better...it also weighs more than fat, so you may not see a drop right away but you will so keep going.