just had a baby and am tired of being big

Options
hi everyone. my name is Keira. I just had my first (and only) baby, a boy, on June 13th this year. I have always had issues with my weight my entire life. I was a big girl in school, I ended up having issues with eating a few times in my life. and now that I have my son, I refuse to be one of the people that use having a baby as an excuse to stay fat. I am here to hopefully get enough support and ambition to meet my goals and finally become the person I want and have always wanted to be.

Replies

• Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My daughter is now 6 but I know the struggle. I carried an extra 30-40 pounds after she was born for almost 3 years!! I finally got to my goal weight and am now trying to build muscle and lose the flab!! Feel free to add me.
  • robyndobyn3
    robyndobyn3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Keira! My daughter is 1.5 years old and I have been hiding behind the "I-have-a-baby-so-of-course-I-am-fat" excuse you mention. My story is very similar to yours in terms of fighting my weight for most of my life. I sent you a friend request. Maybe we can motivate each other1
  • mslilah85
    mslilah85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello i just had a baby boy on July 23 and at my last prenatal visit the scale said i was 200lbs i never ever got that big in my previous pregnancies so im determined to lose this extra weight. Yesterday i started intermittent fasting, so if anyone is interested in losing together feel free to add me :smiley:
  • amytorr19
    amytorr19 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I have 2 children a 6 year old and 4 year old, gained 80 pounds with both pregnancies. I have recently began losing weight and ready to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight again. feel free to add me and we can do this together.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I had my last baby of three on September 9 1995 and i am still hiding behind the "I just had a baby" LOL!!! I am the heaviest I have been in all my life. I'm 48 going through menopause, am an emotional eater, bored eater, stress eater, eater eater!!! I wanted to do weight watchers which has been successful in the past but I just don't want to pay the $55 per month. So here I am where I have been for a couple years. I said I don't want to be 50 and fat so hopefully this will be it for me!!! Feel free to add me!! Good luck everyone!!!!