Feeling overwhelmed!

Options
AlienLotus
AlienLotus Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Marie. I'm twenty-two, 5'4", and overweight for the first time in my life. I'm approximately 161.4 lbs., and I'm horribly depressed by this fact. I don't care about being thin, I just don't feel comfortable or beautiful anymore. Over the last five years I've had a lot of loss in my life, and I think the stress and grief has gotten to me and I just let myself go. I don't know how to lose weight since it's never been an issue for me. I need friends to help keep me motivated on the right track.

Replies

• stacey93ox
    stacey93ox Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me sweet :) I'm looking for friends on here and it sounds like something I would write! A stressful few years then things start to calm down and u finally look in the mirror and think 'what happened to me??!!??' But let's think positive! We can do this :D xx
  • AlienLotus
    AlienLotus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    stacey93ox wrote: »
    Add me sweet :) I'm looking for friends on here and it sounds like something I would write! A stressful few years then things start to calm down and u finally look in the mirror and think 'what happened to me??!!??' But let's think positive! We can do this :D xx

We can! Just need good people like you to remind me it's not impossible. (:
  • melboudreau87
    melboudreau87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me to if you want! While I can't say that I'm new to being overweight (pretty much my whole life except ~3 years during high school), I can certainly relate to that feeling of looking in the mirror and not liking what you see, and especially, not liking how you feel! I've reached a point that my body literally feels like it's burying me alive... when I sit, I can't get comfy because my body is just big and awkward! And I can't sleep because I feel suffocated!
    Realizing that you aren't comfy in your body anymore is the first step! :smile: so you're doing great already! And it seems like you also know some of your triggers (stress/loss etc.. I'm very sorry for that by the way). That's another big plus! Now you have to make a deal (a contract really) with yourself that you will only use food to nourish your body.. and whenever you feel sad or overwhelmed.. talk to someone.. send one of your friends on here a message, or call someone, surround yourself with supporters! Deal with wtv trigger in an appropriate way, and not with food! What may feel like a reward (in terms of junk food) is actually a punishment, because it led you where you are now... and you don't deserve that at all!!
    Get a plan in place to deal with any "emotional cravings" you may get.... (one of my favorites is brushing my teeth, since your brain associates fresh breath with a period of "non-eating"... sounds crazy but I find after a few minutes the craving passes and it works!)
    Losing weight is TOTALLY possible, you can do this... just don't do it alone! :wink:
    Good luck! :smiley:
  • maggiemyfitpal
    maggiemyfitpal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie, I just posted today with a very similar message. I'd be happy to be friends and motivate each other. You CAN do it!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Losing or gaining weight does not change who you are inside. You are unique, beautiful and special regardless of that figure on the scales. I hope MFP is useful for you but know that you're a human being - weight fluctuates, life 'happens' and our bodies react accordingly. Best of luck and keep your head up.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.