How many calories do you average for dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same. Around 600-800 calories, depending on exercise and whatever...but usually in the 700 neighborhood. I tend to eat a very small breakfast of about 200 cal, and then 400-600 at lunch and the rest of my calories at dinner.

I don't snack at all (personal preference, not a targeted plan type of thing). I just include snack-type stuff, sweets, whatever, in with my 3 meals.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Depends whether I count the Scotch before, the wine during and the beer after.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    700-800.
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My typical meal is 110 calories :) my main meal is breakfast!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    200-400, 500 on a good day. I get hungrier during the day than at nighttime and it's easier for me to deal with hunger at night than during the day.
    I'm so envious of you! My hunger and snacking habits are far worse at night, can't burn off any of it

Why can't you burn it off??
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Depends whether I count the Scotch before, the wine during and the beer after.
    #myhero
  • NH_Norma
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't have a target calories per meal but that seems to be how it works out most days. :)
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    110 calories? How is that possible? :o
  • patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1100 to 1500 on standard running days, 2000 on long run sundays

it's my biggest meal of the day when I get all my cal/macros hit
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    chaparra71 wrote: »

Well, I don't want to give anyone any bad ideas lol. But, in my case, I consume the most calories in the morning, so I don't see a smaller dinner as harmful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I like to have around 1000 cals left for evening consumption. Usually breaks down to 600-800 for dinner and then 200- 400 for wine, dessert, or other evening snacks.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    350-500 for dinner on average.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    ohmyllama wrote: »

Well, I don't want to give anyone any bad ideas lol. But, in my case, I consume the most calories in the morning, so I don't see a smaller dinner as harmful.

Nothing wrong with that. I have meals that small occasionally. Usually when I've boogered up the rest of the day and that's all I have left, or when I'm saving as much as I can for a big treat later. I'll have a relatively low-cal soup or canned tuna with vegetables.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 300 and 500, usually, but I also have wine or cocktails and bedtime snacks. I save close to 1000 calories for nighttime, basically.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Usually around 600-800 for dinner, and then 200-300 for dessert. I'm always more hungry in the evenings, and like to have a glass of wine or beer with dinner. :)
  • Mosiak
    Mosiak Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    about 500-700,
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    500-700 including an evening snack/dessert. It is by far my biggest meal of the day. I don't take a lunch at work (just not "done" in my office) so I eat a quick salad at my desk. Typically, I am in a rush in the morning and try to keep it simple. I have toyed with the idea of IF but I think I need something during the day since I work out in the morning.
  • NH_Norma
    Options

Seriously? A bowl of cereal is more than that! I'd be starving at 1am if I did that. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have about 400 for dinner and 400 for dessert