What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was the captain of an 8 week step counting challenge at work. My team surpassed our goal within the first 6 weeks but I wanted to see how much further we could go. I noticed in the last week that if I busted my behind I could hit 250 miles/500,000 steps by myself. By Sunday evening I was still 3 miles short. Normally I wouldn't have cared and just been proud of what I had done regardless. Instead, I braved the freezing cold to hit up the gym, run 2 miles hitting my highest treadmill speed (5.5...slow for some but for me felt like flying) and then did another 6.5 miles on the bike. Ended the challenge with 251.3 miles :)
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    cairnsmom wrote: »
    Went to the doc today for follow-up on blood work...

My A1C and blood pressure was a concern in the previous visit. After losing 20 lbs, cutting carbs to 80-100g a day, and walking an hour 5 days a week, both are now in the normal range. Whew!

Wonderful!
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tried on my prom dress and it's loose, officially smaller than I was 6 years ago.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    Last week I went to the Dr. and as soon as he saw me, he said you lost weight. I told him that was why I was here. I had a print out from MFP of my food diary with blood pressure readings for 2 weeks on my medication and 2 weeks off my medication. All normal readings. On the suggestion of a friend I also brought before and after pictures. I have been taking blood pressure meds for over 10 years. As of 10-8-15 I AM OFF ALL PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION. The MD gave me high fives and a huge hug. He also ran around the office with my picture and told everyone "look what you can do with diet and exercise"

That is awesome! I can't imagine how wonderful that experience must have felt! Congratulations!!

• dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Shaving legs in the bath has suddenly become much easier - there's more room to swivel around, AND I don't get any hip pain when I'm twisting to do the back of my legs! I can also hold my leg up in the air for ages, and not feel like it's a torture exercise! Pilates is definitely good for lots of different things!

• theimpossibles
    theimpossibles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    NSV NUMBER 1: I wear plain black shirts to work (at a post office) and up until this week i was wearing a 2XL... and i've been swimming in them for about a month so i went out and got myself some large shirts but not too many because i'm at the point where i'll be in mediums sometime in the next couple months. i haven't worn a medium since i was like 10 so yeah i'm loving that.

ok

NSV NUMBER 2: I ran/walked a half marathon yesterday and then today for the first time i fired up the fitbit surge in free run mode and ran 5 miles straight without stopping or walking. and passed 30,000 steps for today in the process. WOOT!
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 170s again! I haven't seen this since February (after a particularly nasty flu), and that means I'm classified as simply "overweight" instead of "obese" on the BMI scale.

(I know, I know, take BMI calculator with a grain of salt. But this was still a cool win for me! :blush:)
  • steph0324
    steph0324 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We had a family reunion at the beach this past weekend with close to 100 family members in attendance. Not only did I wear a bathing suit top the entire day, I even allowed myself to be photographed. Normally I would have hidden from even the hint of a camera, especially in a bathing suit!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed the other morning and my boyshorts underwear fell down before i got to the bathroom...bahaha. Time for some new ones!
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Big, warm chocolate chip cookies in the staff room at work - I didn't eat one!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Clearance snicker, peanut butter cups, kit kat, payday and butterfinger and I didn't get any! I even had room in my calories! Just didn't want them! Yay me!
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was really tired this morning and just wanted to hibernate inside (don't work today). I made myself clean the house, run laundry, and go for a walk with the dog. I'm still tired, but I feel a lot better both because I was a little productive and because I got some exercise. Before, I would have stayed inside and been a couch slug. So, go me!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Went to Goodwill yesterday. Ended up buying a pair of shorts and pj bottoms. I had two sizes of shorts. Pair of 16 and 18. Goal is 14/16 by Christmas. The 16 almost fit.Not bad from starting at 22/24. Thinking I'll always have big hips no matter what size I'll be.
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted my own body weight tonight!!!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted my own body weight tonight!!!

Nice!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    12yo DD has started noticing her calf muscles and admiring them. It might be that she's been walking up a steep hill to school the past six weeks, or maybe from the yoga she started recently, but I'm glad she sees a bit of muscle definition as a positive thing.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My doc being ecstatic about weight loss, and her computer classifying me as "overweight" not "obese" today!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My husband, who was 107 lbs, today weighed in at 122. He said I was his inspiration. I wanted to cry for how sweet that was. He's been underweight his whole life, and I know it's hard for him to do... I'm so proud and happy for him. I'm glad that I inspired him by my persistence with myself.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My husband, who was 107 lbs, today weighed in at 122. He said I was his inspiration. I wanted to cry for how sweet that was. He's been underweight his whole life, and I know it's hard for him to do... I'm so proud and happy for him. I'm glad that I inspired him by my persistence with myself.

This is wonderful. Being overweight all your life (me) causes us to envy people who are naturally thin, but being healthy is a challenge for everyone, and it it is difficult no matter where you are in your journey. Thank you for the reminder!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!