Pear shaped women

Options
angellak
angellak Posts: 68 Member
I am a pear shaped women and find it difficult to lose fat from my lower half. What do you do to lose it from your thighs, butt, and hips?

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Continue calorie deficit until stubborn areas start to budge. There is no way to spot reduce a certain area.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Continue calorie deficit until stubborn areas start to budge. There is no way to spot reduce a certain area.

Hate to say it, but this ^

I too am pear-shaped, and even at a healthy weight I still want to violently murder my love handles. The low middle will be that last place we lose.
    I take a step aerobics class (I know, so '90s!), and it is great for both cardio and shaping/toning that lower half. Best of luck!
  • arachnofobia7
    arachnofobia7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Having read pretty much everything on pear shaped or ENDOMORPHIC body frame I've found out that we have to work twice as hard in terms of diet and activities comparing to the other two types. As it's been said, there is no way to slim down any specific part of the body, since I've started running last September along with low carb, low fat and low calorie diet I've noticed my jeans getting loser but my bum and thighs remain disproportionate to my top.
  • bennett180790
    bennett180790 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    spin !! i started spinning about 2 months ago and my legs have slimmed down amazingly. i have lost inches and inces and toned up and built *kitten* muscles. i do also weightlift so this also helps but spinning has annihilated my fat, leaned my legs and bum out and given me nice muscles. i am a UK size 10 on top but a UK size 12 on the bottom. Massive child bearing hips, thick thighs and an *kitten*. i love it and wouldnt change it for the world just leaning out and toning up !
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I love being a pear, but I have to look sickly skinny to lose weight on my bottom sucks.

Probably the best thing to do is to lift weights so you start to like your big bottom half more. You will never change the shape of your body, but you can make it look better by lifting....Or so I've been told.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    angellak wrote: »
    I am a pear shaped women and find it difficult to lose fat from my lower half. What do you do to lose it from your thighs, butt, and hips?

I'm pear shaped and I had to lose more weight than my original goal, and get my bmi in the 19-20 range. My lower half was the last place that I lost at, but the last few pounds really made a difference in this area. I went from a size 14 jeans, to a current size 4 :)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I was a pear shape....lost 40 pounds and lift lots of weights....now I'm more of an hourglass. My bottom half is definitely more stubborn. I lost from my shoulders and waist first. Depending on how much you have to lose a new shape may emerge. But calorie deficit and losing BF% is really the only way to eventually lose those hips and thighs.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think it is reprehensible that MFP limits women to such a narrow choices of shapes... pear, apple, hour-glass. What about brick shlt-house? I think it is only fair that it's added to your choices....
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    ah ha. ha hahahahah.

just kidding.
  • mandykent111
    mandykent111 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    me too! I am just trying to stick with clean eating and increasing my exercise. So far so good, but this is hard!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This.

And some self acceptance goes a LONG way. Ain't nothing wrong with being pear shaped. Learn to love your thighs. They'll be with you for a long long time.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I went from 34", 29", 44" to 32", 26.5", 38"

I'm not as extreme of a pear anymore. But, I lost 30 pounds. Calorie deficit. Thighs are still thick but I'm way more proportional.
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ....I do think I need to get back to lifting weights and just embrace my pear shape. :smile:
  • ruby1867221
    ruby1867221 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    spin !! i started spinning about 2 months ago and my legs have slimmed down amazingly. i have lost inches and inces and toned up and built *kitten* muscles. i do also weightlift so this also helps but spinning has annihilated my fat, leaned my legs and bum out and given me nice muscles. i am a UK size 10 on top but a UK size 12 on the bottom. Massive child bearing hips, thick thighs and an *kitten*. i love it and wouldnt change it for the world just leaning out and toning up !

How many times do u spins a week?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

This^

Just do the best you can. Where you lose weight from is genetic. I'm a pear shape after weight loss too....it happens sometimes.