Finding my

Hello. I have been a MFP user off and on for sometime. I am 31 years old and a single mom to an amazing 5 year old. I have struggled with weight for what seems like an eternity but probably only 7/8 years. I am a therapist and I have to use my "work" on myself to help get motivated. Motivation is a tricky beast because it can come and go in a split second. I have visuals at home to help me (on my cabinets, fridge, above the scale) my motivation. I also am on some medication from my doctor for appetite suppressor and have been sticking to 1200 calories a day with MFP. Feel free to add me because I'm ALWAYS looking for people who can help cheer me on and help when that motivation starts slipping.

Currently I am able to wear a pair of skinny pants for the first time in a year. That is a HUGE motivator.

Replies

• KelleyBrandy
    KelleyBrandy Posts: 83 Member
    I'm trying for 1100 calories a day. We are a match. Lol welcome back. You may add me if you'd like!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Hi there! Welcome back!

Based on your age and amount you have to lose, 1200 calories doesn't sound like it is enough. You probably should be eating a lot more than that. Enter your info into the link and see what is right for you. If I knew your height and exact weight, I'd do it for you. It's super simple and takes ~30 seconds.

I don't want to assume, but lots of people enter they want to lose 2lbs/week and are sedentary on MFP and it defaults to the 1200 cal result. I fell victim to that my first time here, too!

Also, remember, motivation only gets you so far. You have to have determination, consistency, patience, persistence, and commitment! Good luck to you!

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/#results
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    HI - I was able to accomplish my 60+ lb weight loss using 1,200 as a target. I did eat back most of my exercise calories though. I lost at an average of 1 lb per week over about 15 months. Of course it was faster at first, slow at the end. Been maintaining since this summer. I still have a goal calorie level at 1,200 but usually log in around 1,400.
  • Melgibbs
    Melgibbs Posts: 26 Member
    Yeah that was the setting that MFP set for me. So far I've been doing good with it. ;) thanks for the welcomes. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • cherdeniise
    cherdeniise Posts: 49 Member
    Hey there! I've lost 45 pounds on my own and 6 while using the app recently and tracking my Macros! You're more then welcome to add me, I post regularly :)