Not feeling like eating

Options
Ive been on my diet now for 10 days and lately Ive been struggling to get enough calories in because I just don't feel like eating. The problem is, I normally eat very healthy but in the last year I gained a bunch of weight because I was on bed rest from May 2014 to May 2015 due to pregnancy issues and a major infection caused by a botched c-section. Plus my husband doesn't cook and we lived off gross fast food or prepared meals frozen meals, it was awful. I also suffer from PCOS which makes gaining weight as easy as looking at an ice cream bar and makes it even harder to loss weight. I feel like anything I can eat to help me loss weight I just don't want it or I just don't have the time to prepare it. If I eat like my normal healthy way I don't loss weight so Im on a very restricted diet to get the weight off plus Im working out. I guess, I just need a little support in the fact that I really just don't want to eat because I hate everything I have to eat. Any healthy ideas to fast, cheap, easy, and yummy food? Im currently trying to stay around 1200 calories a day because much more then that I do not loss weight. Plus eating just makes me want to eat more, which I do not want to do.

Replies

• mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you want to look. I don't eat extravagantly. My food is inexpensive. One of my favorite low cal recipes out there is the weight watchers cabbage soup. I have it for lunch almost every day. 88 calories for 2 cups:)
  • ALMOSTkickedpcos
    ALMOSTkickedpcos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently found mfp and it is totally amazing :blush:
    I myself, suffers from PCOS but has overcome it now. It does require a lot extra push to lose. The health depends more upon the life style of a ''victim''. Dairy+processed are totally bad. Even, only eating wouldn't be of much help unless you exercise to boost metabolism. This one here, I wrote, it might be helpful :)
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10264570/ones-fighting-pcos#latest
  • gutznglory
    gutznglory Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing to do is to have a veggie tray in the fridge, always. Put easy veggies in that don't require a lot of chopping, like baby carrots, sugar snap peas, peeled & sliced cucumbers, etc. Make a homemade veggie dip to dip them in when you really don't want veggies. But, at times when I just want to eat A LOT, veggies are great because you can eat tons and the calories are still very minimal (just don't douse them with dip on those days =). Good luck! It is hard to stay "up" all the time. I don't have PCOS but I definitely have up days & weeks, and I definitely have down ones. Good for you to keep trying! You can do it and you'll feel so great for having done so!