Low Carb Protein Powders?

Options
What is your favorite low carb protein powder? Need help in this department! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    following!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    whey protein isolate should meet your requirements. I use Solgar, Whey to Go: 20 g protein, 2 g total carbs, less than 1 g sugar (vanilla flavor)
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Trader joes vanilla soy protein powder
  • wwhite72082
    wwhite72082 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use Quest and have been pretty happy with it
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use quest now which has 3 or 4 grams in one scoop but I was wondering if there was anything lower that's super yummy
  • adamer83
    adamer83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The brand Gold standard is a favorite by many and tastes great. But this depends on your taste buds. The type of whey protein you use depends on your goals. If you are wanting to take protein after a workout compared to a meal replacement, I would recommend different products. If you are wanting a whey protein for post workout, you should be consuming a fast absorbing product for optimal recovery. If you are looking for meal replacement, I would suggest a protein formula that contains fast medium and slow digesting proteins. That way your body will feel fuller longer, without the fats and added carbs. Which brings me to the next topic. People get caught up in low carbs. Carbs should be the main source of fuel for our bodies and should also make up the majority of our daily diet. Remember, fruits and vegetables are carbs too. A well balanced diet is optimal. When you read the label of a protein container look at the grams of fat along with grams of carbs. Your goals and body composition will dictate how much protein you should be consuming. For example, after a workout, women should be consuming an average of 16 grams of fast absorbing protein like whey. I hope this has helped.
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Don't forget cricket and other insect-based protein powders/flours! High in protein, low in sugars and carbs (unless you go for flavored). Great unless you have a shellfish/chitin allergy.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Isopure.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    General Health
  • eliserohde
    eliserohde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NUZEST Clean Lean Protein - Filling and natural
  • christyg74
    christyg74 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dales Raw Protein Powder- vegan, non GMO, gluten free and dairy free. Only 4 carbs! Uses Rice-Pea-Hemp protein. Order directly on-line.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I use quest now which has 3 or 4 grams in one scoop but I was wondering if there was anything lower that's super yummy

3g carbs is nothing..I think that's where most protein powders are anyways..
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% Whey. They probably have the most diverse array of flavors available so there's a lot of choice for the consumer.

Most importantly, each scoop only has 3g carbs per serving (each serving provides 24g of protein). It isn't necessarily cheap but Amazon certainly has the most competitive prices I've seen.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Isopure is one brand or most Whey protein "Isolates" will have the least carbs.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What is your favorite low carb protein powder? Need help in this department! Thanks in advance :)

I like MRM vanilla. low sugar too
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    y7zv09761xxb.jpg
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Take a look at Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% Whey. They probably have the most diverse array of flavors available so there's a lot of choice for the consumer.

Most importantly, each scoop only has 3g carbs per serving (each serving provides 24g of protein). It isn't necessarily cheap but Amazon certainly has the most competitive prices I've seen.

I don't usually like artificial sweeteners, and Splenda is the only one that doesn't trigger migraines, but I really like both the whey and casein from ON Gold Standard. No migraines and they taste good.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar.
  • whoanelle000
    whoanelle000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Following =)
  • burban00
    burban00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nature Best Isopure. A liitle expensive but check out bodybuilding.com for the best price.