Low Carb Lunches

Options
EmilyConnor93
EmilyConnor93 Posts: 4 Member
I tend to have sandwiches or pasta for lunch but I keep going over my carb allowance for a day....any other ideas for low carb lunches I can take to work?? Thanks =) xx

Replies

• beautysofa
    beautysofa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad would be an option.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Easy! Lots of veggies and a lean protein!
    Steam, roast or grill lots of veggies and add whatever lean protein you like. Today I had a stirfry; some spicy garlic shrimp with lots of veggies and a little avocado. Super filling, low calorie & low carb.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Most meats and fish are low carb--maybe only use 1 slice of bread for your sandwich, or eat only half a sandwich with a salad or soup.
  • azrak
    azrak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    couscous with tomato, capsicum, hummus, avocado, tuna - or whatever combination you like... thats my main lunch now, so easy and can be varied lots.
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ryevita with your sandwich filling on top???
  • MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Swop pasta for couscous and bread for cracker bread (only 19 cals a piece!) , that's what I did to keep my carbs down a bit. Or if you really like your breads wholemeal pitta bread or wraps are a better option. :smile:
  • X_Bex_X
    X_Bex_X Posts: 14
    Options
    I have this problem as I have lunch at work - we do have a microwave though, so that makes things a lot easier - yesterday I took in mushrooms, tinned tomatoes and 2 slices of toast without butter and it was tasty! However if you're going to work I would recommend that you take a snack such as fruit and a yoghurt for the afternoon ... otherwise couscous is great , I sometimes have wraps with tuna and cheese salad or soup...
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have a microwave, soup! It's a great choice because you can make a load and freeze it. Or even if you don't have a microwave, get yourself a thermos flask. The nutrients are so high, and the carbs and calories really low.
  • tracybewick
    Options
    I have much the same problem, think im a carb-a-holic!!!
  • jetsec
    jetsec Posts: 79
    Options
    I work full time so have to bring my lunch to work with me. One day I had Ryvita with light laughing cow cheese and chopped grapes on with celery, carrot, cucumber on the side, then I had a salad with boiled egg and chopped crabsticks. I've got tinned mackeral to have tomorrow which I'll warm up slightly and spread on Ryvita and have it with a side salad.

Beans, jacket potatoes, cottage cheese, homemade soups, dinner left overs are also easy and quick.

Jayne
    x
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Low carb bread! These are supposed to be really good & you can order online!
    http://julianbakery.com/
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Do you use Low carb breads? Weight watchers, Thomas's mini Pita's, Pepperidge Farms light style, La Bandarita Low fat Low carb tortillas . Use with lots of fresh salad greens a little chicken, tuna or Roasted veggies.