Options

Replies

• Caitlinclark012
    Options
    £9.99 a month
  • jenn10302001
    jenn10302001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine is $30 a month and is a woman only gym. They have classes and free daycare. I go 5-6 times a week.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,324 Member
    Options
    Spike_G wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know how locked into to contracts you folks are. My gym is either £5 per session or £33 pcm with unlimited use BUT it is on a monthly basis with no contract.
    If you can't afford to go one moth or are away on holiday/business etc then you're not going so you don't pay for the month.
    He probably loses out from not getting the new year resolution crowd who sign up for a year and go twice but it's brilliant old school gym with great trainers.

mine is month to month too. i can leave anytime I want...I just don't want to.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym, $80 a month for family membership

My husband, our daughter and two sons, and I can all workout there. Plus, the two littlest ones can use the day care (2 hours max). All of it is included in the fee.

We have access to all the classes and everything. I generally go 2-3 times a week with one son, and take the little ones to day care. The others only go periodically, but it's available when they want to use it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Paying my $310 for the year up front makes me go, even if I don't feel like it. I'm such a skinflint. It would only take 56 individual sessions to pay for itself, but I always think of the $310.

Cheers, h.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    $34 a month. Locally owned Gym, the owner is a pretty cool guy. It's easily the best gym I've been in and outshines a lot of the bigger chained gyms. Would support a local gym over a big chain any day.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm debating my gym membership. I don't have a car and don't want to be paying out for the bus so have decided to leave my 'current' gym £34.99 per month as it's just too far away (just moved).

I've paid anything from £10 - £70 and I've seemed to enjoy going to the higher priced ones.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I go to a local rec centre. $500/year has a gym, pool, hot tub, steam room, and sauna. I mostly use the pool, I have a weight set and treadmill at home.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, so $0, but if I did want to go to a gym we have a decent one at work.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Anytime Fitness $48.00/month. I joined 1/25/15. I have gone everyday since (except 1 day when it snowed) My health insurance reimburses $20/month if you go at least 14 times per month. I can use any Anytime Fitness facility any where, any time of the day. There are 4 of them that I pass by on my way to and from work, so very convenient.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Berea Rec Family $80 a year Power house gym $236 including tax a year
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    free.
  • hilarydurst
    hilarydurst Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    $76 a month for the two of us
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    80$ a month for myself.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,870 Member
    Options
    $19/month at LA Fitness, and I go 4-5x a week. I've been a member for years, which is why my membership is so low.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    $10 a month and I'm embarrassed about the gym that I go to.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I pay equivalent of about $13 a month (prepaid $499 for 39 months). I had been paying $30 on a month-to-month, so I'll hit breakeven after less than 18 months. Good selection of free weights, machines, classes, pool, and the usual rat treadmills. I think they have a sauna, too. Multiple locations around town. Generally hit it four days a week.
  • rachelchingka
    rachelchingka Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    $20 a month + $200 personal training, will have to upgrade to $30 inevitable if I want to go to other locations since they changed all the gym to super sports in downtown San Francisco. Every equipment remains old and broken all the time. Limited classes.
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    $25.00 a month. I get 24/7 access and classes. They offer tanning but i don't use that. I work out six days a week.
  • ariffianti
    ariffianti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    $40 a month , with all the classes ,yoga ( few different kind of it )Rpm,Peloton,Body combat , Bodypump, Trx, Zumba ,Raw, Core excercise,BOSU, one small sauna room, only going 5-6 time a week