Green tea

Options
Every morning I drink 2 cups of green tea and throughout the day I drink another 2.5 cups making my daily total: 4.5 cups of green tea. Is that enough tea to help me begin to lose fat around my stomach? I've heard drinking green tea is good for that but I've never known exact ally how much to drink. Help?

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea is not going to help you lose belly fat. You cannot spot reduce.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Drinking tea is not going to help you lose belly fat. You cannot spot reduce.

QFT
    Green tea is not the answer to your belly.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Green tea will not help you lose weight.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I fell into the green tea myth as well. I don't think it has anything to do with me losing weight but it does help curve my appetite.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Green tea will do nothing for you losing fat.

It is, however, delicious. So if you enjoy it continue drinking it. :)
  • stephanie_queen
    stephanie_queen Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I fell into the green tea myth as well. I don't think it has anything to do with me losing weight but it does help curve my appetite.
    Yeah if found that to help me too. I seem to be eating less, aka not over eating much anymore, and I can see it maybe helping me
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Any liquid with help to curb appetite.

Green tea is a healthy drink, but it doesn't have magical weight-loss or belly-flattening properties.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I dont know whether green tea is good for weight, but it helps fill me up and has helped with my sore throat.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    If that really helps reducing fat, my family should be the fittest in the community, especially my mom (lol). Nope. She's quite fit for a lady in her age but she definitely has some happy weight around her belly that bothers her.

Drinking green tea won't help losing weight/ fat. There are some studies showing that the ingredients in green tea MIGHT help lowing LDL. But again, the effect is not strong enough to fight fat deposit from a bad diet choice. :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea daily, too, but it does nothing that any other beverage does in terms of weight loss, and especially not weight loss in a specific area.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Tea of all kinds has some possible health benefits, but weight loss isn't one of them. Drink it if it helps you control mindless eating, but otherwise, it's not magic.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'll echo the above - Green tea won't help with weight loss :)
    IF ONLY there was a yummy hot drink we could sip on daily to speed up the process, I swear I'd be constantly drinking ;)
  • sakurablush
    sakurablush Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I believed that green tea would help me lose weight faster too.

I still drink it, however. There's various health benefits from doing so, and green tea means I'm no longer drinking 6-7 cups of coffee a day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Tea is for quenching ones thirst. Losing weight comes from a caloric deficit.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options

Any liquid with help to curb appetite.

Green tea is a healthy drink, but it doesn't have magical weight-loss or belly-flattening properties.

Co-signed.