WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2015

Options

Replies

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hugs to everyone who's lost loved ones or is struggling with health issues - their own or their loved ones'.

One of the best things about this forum is that we're so down-to-earth. We acknowledge that life isn't just roses and sunshine. Stuff happens, like death and illness and housing problems (Heather, Lisa, Katla, Gloria :cry:), and stuff affects our journeys toward our better, lighter selves. But we persevere. :#

Thanks for the recap of your journey, Heather, and the before/after pictures. Thanks also to Katla and Barbie and Mary and others who have shared. Your stories and pictures are truly inspiring!

I initially sought out this thread because I wanted to see if it was possible for women over 50 to lose weight. Sure, I lost a bunch when I was 40, but I gained it back and for years had no success whatsoever getting the weight off again. Silly me, I'd almost managed to convince myself that it was "too late". Menopause, slower metabolism, whatever. Total poppycock, as you have demonstrated! It's good to have you as role models :flowerforyou:

I've just booked an appointment with my dentist. When I put it into my calendar I noticed it was on Thanksgiving Day! Definitely NOT a holiday for me. It will be incredibly hectic because I'm teaching until noon, dashing off to the dentist early afternoon, and then teaching an evening course from 5:30. It's always a rat race when I go to Stockholm to teach because I want to get in as much earning time as possible per hour of travel. I also use the opportunity for big-city shopping to stock up on stuff I can't get in the High North. Plus obviously seeing my kids and grandkids as much as I can.

So why book a dental appointment in the midst of all that stress? Because I like my dentist! I moved to Norway a decade ago and I still go to the same dentist in Sweden. I read somewhere that the average relationship with a dentist lasts longer than the average relationship with a spouse. I'm lucky, though. I'm on my fourth dentist but still with my first spouse :heart:
    /Penny, running flat out just to stay in the same place at the emoticon-object-026.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,327 Member
    Options
    Glowormin - So sorry about all your stress! It would drive me nuts too! No wonder you are eating. My plan of action would be to access any free legal advice that you can. Over here we have Citizens Advice Bureau. You ought to be able to recover some of the money you have already paid out as well as pay less from now on for your 2 bedrooms. Over here we have a Small Claims Court where it costs £60 to put in a claim. The High Court then gets your money back. In the future it might be an idea to only rent from landlords through a responsible agency who will only manage for good landlords. Yours sound like a bunch of crooks. You are better out of there. :flowerforyou:

The tree cutters have finished getting the tree down next door. Very entertaining! It was a VERY tall tree. They are going to trim the lower branches of the oak tree and do some hedges. I hope they will finish today, but the noise wasn't as bad as I feared. :)

We will do a bit of shopping this afternoon. I have a cheque to pay in which is from an old children's picture book I wrote.
    Royalties from the Chinese edition. :laugh: It's called WELL I NEVER and is still available from Amazon. It was one of the Children's Books of the Year way back when! :laugh: Aimed at 3 - 4 yr olds, but enjoyable by adults. >:)

Then before next Friday I have to do my tax returns. I HATE doing this, but it really doesn't take long. Just got to get down to it. :'( I don't actually pay any tax as I don't earn enough, but I still have to do it.

Katla - hope your window adventure goes well. I love watching people work! :flowerforyou:

Love Heather UK
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning and afternoon, my friends and friends-to-be...

Since I wrote yesterday there are more than a few posts that mention TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly, for the unaware) and Weight Watchers... and I was just about to write that I don't join groups, when I realized I was typing this in a group setting. Should probably modify that to "I seldom join groups, and almost never stay long."

This group of amazing women is absolutely the exception to that. I've been here since mid-April, felt welcome here no matter whether I was able to post a lot or a little, and as a result, tend to check this little patch of Internet geography every morning, and often read posts in the evenings as well. I feel supported, loved, and as if I have companions on this journey who truly understand my need to be healthy no matter my age. I hope I can/have been some support to at least a few of y'all as well.

I won't slam any weight loss group--if you are getting what you need from a group of other people losing weight and need that face-to-face interaction, that's awesome. Every time I've ever found myself in groups focused on a single issue, the issue that brought the group into being is often lost within the emotional noise that my fellow humans bring to any table. Then my own competitive instincts start focusing on things that don't matter (like how MANY pounds I've lost, or gained, or someone else has lost or gained), and it becomes a whole different dynamic that's not healthy for me.

I try (don't always succeed) to compete only with myself. Am I lighter this month than last? Did I run farther, longer, more often? Most importantly, do I feel better? Am I healthier? When I keep that kind of focus, I have fewer days where I find myself just eating because the food is available, and I feel head- and heart-healthy as well as improving my body health. This group helps keep me centered on that focus.

And on that note, I took a nap yesterday afternoon on the bed my husband built for us two years ago. A sleepless night the night before made me need it, but mostly because I just wanted to... and woke up with my adrenaline skyrocketing, believing I was late and was going to be in trouble. I ran into the living room and realized there was nowhere I had to be, nothing I had to be doing. So I sat down in the recliner, turned on the TV, covered up with a blanket, and went to sleep for another hour and a half.

I feel as I'm detoxing from three solid months of stress. I guess I probably am...

And here's a picture of how much the kittens have grown in a few short weeks. They're becoming cats, quickly... One is tucked in my jacket now as I type this. They are still going to fulfill their destiny as barn cats, but the folks that are going to take them had to delay a bit. Hopefully they'll pick them up this weekend. Enjoying them while I can.

t0vti6m0sxku.jpg

Off to the warehouse once it's light, to see if the fixes to the roof held up through the winds and rain of the night.

This is the storm that came through - the warehouse is in the town denoted with the little black icon at the bottom, and there's a tornado watch until 9 a.m...

797syvppi0dd.jpg

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies~
    yesterday I felt better but today,just feeling really punk...beautiful pink morning sky out.. and I am going to mow the lawn and get leaves picked up today.. hoping that I feel a bit better when I will do that..
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hi all, got a call yesterday that my tailor will have all my clothes ready by 2:00PM today. He wasn't joking when he said he'd get right on it. I guess he sort of knew that I had brought in just about everything I had to wear, I'm sitting here hoping that DH hasn't found the Olive Garden breadstick that I got the other day; and am planning on toasting today for breakfast. Bug man comes today at 12:30pm, then I have to go to tailor's to pick up my 'stuff'. Tomorrow I go on the Women's Retreat - so excited; sister will be there, too. I can't wait to show off the 'new' me. It's going to be nice to have something that will not make me look like a family has grown out of there. One pair of pants was so big, that felt really self-conscience to wear them; but, had no choice without wearing the same thing to yet another get-together with some of my classmates.

To make it clear, on my part; I did not want to sound like I was 'knocking' TOPS or WW; it just wasn't for me; it just was very deflating when people were losing 35+/- lbs. They would say, 'oh that's good' and move on; about the best thing was you could enter small contests where you might get one of their products or something like that, just for coming to the meetings. Nothing very big. You'd get 5 clips for every 5lbs you lost each time. I think I had one 5-clip award. That was 5lbs down from you goal weight; not necessarily what you had totally lost; if you had gained 3 lbs. one week, then lost 5 from that the next week; they only counted lbs. lost for your total weight loss goal. I would only fluctuated 5 lbs. either way from my regular weight.

Hi all to this threat on this great website. Now off to balance my checkbook. Than have to balance DH's account(s) he never does it. I guess I am OCD in that area - I want to know what I have down to the last penny.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i am a little late on this month but please include me for next month !!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Mary from MN I would love to see a before picture of you and anyone else who would like to share! happy-puppy-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

I have posted these on here before but you may not have seen them. This is not at my heaviest but I cannot find a picture because I kind of always hid from the camera!

fuhd2e4r0c3e.jpeg

This is the after takin in April and you probably saw some of the ones from my vacation.

w491378l1kj5.jpeg
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm skipping walking with my friend this morning. Every joint in my body aches. We are supposed to get rain today, so maybe that's part of the problem. The headache is still with me this morning. Hubby took the little ones to gymnastics last night and I went to bed about 6:30 and did't get up till 5:30 this morning, so I got lots of rest.

Here are some pics of what I was working on yesterday:

crio867oz66b.jpg
    2z116lfao0le.jpg

These are some of the bowls I was making for the Empty Bowls project in the town I was born in. Hubby looked at them all and said...You aren't going to give away all those are you? He was figuring up what I would have sold each bowl for ($15 minimum) times 50 bowls, or $750. He thinks that is a lot of money to give away. And that's bad. I'm thinking of it as two boxes of clay ($52) and a few days of my time, and if they all sell for $20 at the event then the charity has earned $1,000 from my pots. And that's good. One of us just doesn't get it, and I'm afraid it may be me. There is something wrong with my brain that I feel better about giving stuff away than selling it.

And, it got me off my duff and making stuff again, so that is worth something.

Well, I'm going to have some tea and relax a little and see if I can get rid of this headache.

Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Good morning ladies! This is the beginning of the fourth day of my five-day fast. I have lost 6.6 pounds so far. My DH has lost 8.2 pounds. 1000 cal of healthy food is a lot of food to eat. I was a little lethargic yesterday but today I am raring to go. My tummy is looking fantastic. They are right about losing belly fat!

Sylvia-I think that you are doing an awesome job! Tell your DH that it is $1000 tax deduction. For $52 worth of clay that is pretty reasonable. I admire you for all that you do for others!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,775 Member
    Options
    Sylvia ... There's nothing wrong with you!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    morning peeps
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Gloworm- so sorry you have to deal with horrible landlords. Good luck on finding another place. Hang in there were here for you when you need to vent.
    Brenda from Md
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

Michele – So sorry about your wart situation. I have been lucky lately that I only have a few tiny ones on my hand, but I have quite a few scars from some of the big ones I’ve had removed. DS gets them too, but DH does not. I hope this one goes away easily and quickly for you.

Glo – I feel your pain about moving. Luckily I have a few years to make my plans. Your situation seems very immediate. Personally, I would call Red Cross and FEMA, at least to get reports, so your landlord is unable to keep your deposit because of the damage that was not your fault. Hugs ! ! !

Lisa
    – I’m just going to say it: I am jealous of your nap. Not even envious this time, just flat out jealous. The best I can say is I did not stay up to watch the stupid Cubs, but I also couldn’t keep my eyes open for Criminal Minds. I love my bed. I wish I had time for a nap. I’m glad you got one (I have seen where Barbie gets them, too, and that also makes me jealous). Hugs ! ! !

Sylvia
    – I am proud of the way you figure the value of your bowls. It seems like a $950 profit for the fund-raiser to me, not a $750 loss. DS and I are arguing about his bowling balls. He won them all, so they were technically free. He wants to give them to a friend, so that friend can become a better bowler. He does NOT want to donate them to the Inner-City High School, because “why would I want to help them become better bowlers if they will be competing against me, not on my team?” My theory is that his friends’ parents are NOT financially strapped (tight yes, who isn’t?), and the Inner-City kids will never have the resources to be true competition to DS and his team, why shouldn’t we help them feel a sense of ownership and get used to throwing the same ball instead of a different house ball depending on where they are competing. So if you feel good about donating so many bowls, just keep reminding yourself how much you are helping people in need, and helping yourself relax at the same time. // I hope you are able to get rid of your headache quickly. BTW: I think my favorites are the ones that look like they are folded on the top.

Stupid Cubs. I’m going to be in mourning for a little while.

Today DS turns in all the forms for basketball and bowling try-outs. He thinks that he can handle being on both teams, and that basketball will be #1 . He truly believes that since he is the best bowler on the team, he will never get “benched” fro not attending a practice or match. We’ll see how that goes (personally I hope he is wrong, because he needs to learn to be humble).

This weekend is supposed to be dry and in the lower 60’s, so I will try to help DS get the house winterized. Then Dad and I volunteer at Mitchell Airport for the Honor Flight. When I told my Grandma some of the stories last week, my Dad still struggled to hold back tears, so I better bring some tissues. DH will be working, because he needs to winterize the units where he works.

Last night I was able to avoid the Rice Krispies by pacing in the living room and kitchen. My stomach was not happy when I woke this morning, but it got over it, and I was happy about what the scale told me this morning. I need every day to be like yesterday. Time to stop fooling around, and keep my brain straight during the night. My shoulders and elbows finally feel better, so I think I’ll finally get back on the handbike today.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    edited October 2015
    Options
    fanncy0626 - I found a picture of me at my heaviest - Boo-Hiss :'( Maybe I will post it when I get to my 'goal weight'. I can't believe I actually wore a bathing suit that year and especially never thought I would have gone to a nudist beach. Oh Lord! :s

Sylvia - good looking bowls! I would certainly buy them for $20 a piece. They had a similar fund raising program here for charity or something. However, I don't think you can take off anything as a donation - at least certainly not the full amount - I think you are limited to $250 as a deduction for donating them to a charity. But, it is a 'calling' you have to make them and give them away. You could probably get away with deducting the $52 for materials; and "maybe" the time it took you to do them. If you 'sold' them and got paid with a check, you'd probably be charged taxes on them because it would be considered 'income'. You are doing an admirable thing by doing this and I know the charity will be happy to make the income/donation. You made these all in one day?

I have sold 2 of my paintings over the past couple of years although I have painted/drawn a lot more for family members and 'soon-to-be' family members. I had to be careful and run them through my husband's business so that taxes would be paid on them; but, they were commissioned pieces and was considered income for me; but, I did not want it to show up as 'my' income; did not want to make the SSA to 'think' I could make a living at painting and have them reduce my SSD check or (possibly) say that I could make a living doing it and cut it off completely. My art is done for my pleasure at my leisure! I'd hate to know I had to make a living doing it - I'd be something less than a 'starving artist' if I did. If I get commissioned again; depending on what it is and who it is going to - would make a huge difference in what I charge.

Hey, go to the MD anyway just to make sure you don't have meningitis, or maybe it is the flu. They could possibly treat you for it. That is several days of a bad headache. At least call them; and make sure you tell them that your grandchildren go to a school where there has been an outbreak of it. Tell the person who answers the phone about this - they can probably work you in. Just wear a mask; that is something that my MDs do during flu season; they hand out masks for people to wear if they are running a fever or coughing/sneezing. It is 'flu' season. I'm going to have my flu shot today when I go to town. I just need to call my pharmacy to check with them about it. Just called them. I have had it this year.

MaryJay52 - there will be a 'link' to go to the 'new' site; just do it on the last day of the month.

lhannon062709 - I usually only read the posts on the last page; or at least just the ones written for that day; otherwise I'd never keep up. I'm sure I miss a lot; sometimes I will 'try' to go back to find the beginning of a story. I've found that I have to say my post before going back to the previous page, or else I will lost what I have typed.

I think I will have to move one of the chairs I got from my Daddy's office when he retired. We have a huge wasp nest over it and apparently there is something coming out of it, that gets all over one corner on the back (it is needlepoint) and on the floor. It is not wet; but, it looks like some kind of mold. I will change places with some of my 'flamingo' collection.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    :(
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Grits- LOL! It is nice to take pictures along the way so that you can be encouraged by your results! I am glad that I found the one that I did so that I could see the difference. Mentally I still see myself as the bigger me!

Sylvia-I agree with grits you should go to the doctor just to make sure that it is not meningitis. Especially since your DGD School has that outbreak.

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloworm in WA: The grocery store is the best place for me to control what goes into my mouth, too. If I shop the outside ring that includes veggies, meats, & dairy and avoid the treacherous middle aisles full of sweets and chips I can do a very good job. :bigsmile: I'm sorry about your landlord problems and hope you're able to find a comfortable new home quickly. :flowerforyou:

Penny: Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of all because its purpose is to be with those you love and share a meal in gratitude for life's blessings. There is no pressure for gift giving. The gift is being with loved ones. This year we're travelling to my DDIL'S parents home in Kentucky. We made the plans and got the airline reservations when DD was planning to move to IL & live with her DMIL. Now that plan of DD's is on hold. I don't know what her Thanksgiving plans are, and I wonder if we can arrange a stop to see her. I would set aside a day for Thanksgiving anywhere I lived, I think. It wouldn't have to coincide with the American or Canadian dates if they were impractical. :star:

Lisa: I hope your property was unaffected by the storms and I'm glad you're beginning to relax after your stress festival at Restaurant Impossible. :flowerforyou:

maryjay52: We will have a new thread next month. You'll be able to find the link at the bottom of this thread. That said, you are not too late for this month. You begin where you are and move forward. I also began in mid October. It was great timing for me because I was lucky enough to find this group and got lots of support during the holiday season. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: Your pottery looks wonderful. I hope you start to feel better soon. :star:

I removed my starting picture and went back to the most recent one. I can only look at it and remember the lifestyle I had back then. It featured too much stress from a tough job, a long commute, and a cruddy lifestyle that included way too much Starbucks Coffee.

Today DSIL is coming to visit and we are having the upstairs picture window preplaced. Tomorow they'll replace the living room window and French door. I'm not sure where the garage window fits on their schedule.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

October Goals :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Jeanette Jenkins 21 Day Total Body Circuit. I could swear I had this DVD, but I couldn't find it! The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD called Elle Glam true Fitness. Then I go to my MD for my annual physical (and I'm going to talk to him about this plantar wart) In the evening we're supposed to go to the Green Room to see Southern Fried Funeral.

Mary from MN - yup, just mix the two ingredients together. Trust me, it makes a good snack. I make them into mini muffins and figure that 3 (maybe 4) of them are equal to a full sized muffin. Spice muffins are in the database, but I'm sure what in there are the nutritionals for adding oil and eggs, which you don't. Just the pumpkin and spice cake mix. I think Dunkin Hines is about the only one who makes a spice cake mix. Amazing transformation, thanks for posting those pics. I noticed in the heavier pic of you, you were all dressed in black. But not now!!!!

Irish Terri - sometimes I get so frustrated when I see my weight go up, but my clothes aren't any tighter. I know logically that it's muscle. But sometimes it's still disheartening to see a larger number on the scale. As much as you can, enjoy the funeral. Try to make it as joyous as possible.

Gloria - I'm so sorry for your situation. But on the bright side, if you were to move now (during the school year) it actually might be easier for your boys since they'd be going to school and making friends in school.

klanders - I've heard of treating warts with duct tape, too. Only a plantar wart grows into the foot, it doesn't stick out like a wart on your hand or finger. I don't think the duct tape would work for a plantar wart. Wish it would

Penny - I really liked what you said about us being down-to-earth. That's so true. Some of it may also be that we're more mature. Do you guys have a holiday comparable to a Thanksgiving? I'm still with my first spouse, too Guess I'm on about my fourth dentist

Lisa - you (and others on here) are a true inspiration. Your posts are so great to read, whatever they happen to be about

maryjay - just jump in right now. No need to wait for next month. We're always open!

Sylvia - interesting...those are the same kinds of chairs they have at ceramics! Your bowls look great. Do you have your own kiln to fire them from greeware to bisq? You must. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with your brain Feel better fast!

Off to cut the grass (aka weeds) for the last time this year then we'll start putting up the Halloween decorations.

Michele in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Sylvia, I don’t like the sounds of that headache lasting for days. Why don’t you go see your doctor just to be safe!

Michele, thanks for the pumpkin and cake mix info. I just want to make sure: that is all you add? No water, egg, etc?

Heather, I was just thinking about your rental yesterday. I hate that it is dragging out so long and just becoming an aggravation. Still crossing my fingers. Those of us with wonderful, supportive husbands are really lucky. I’ve come to the conclusion that it is the exception and not the rule, which is sad.

Sylvia, so glad all that throwing has helped your head. Wow, 109 temp is getting up there. It’s amazing that he did survive that.

Katla, I like the new profile picture. It’s always nice to see a before and I hate that I didn’t take one. I’m sure you will love the new windows. I like opportunities like that to cull out and get rid of a few things while all the moving around is going on. When does your company arrive?

Nana2k, welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Thanks for telling us about yourself. We also appreciate it if you would sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Since you are right on track I don’t understand what you are discouraged about? It sounds like you are doing great so keep it up.

Heather, you are right about the expense of keeping two cars. We are just so spoiled with having one each to hop in whenever we need it. It would definitely be less expensive to rent one, the few times that we would both need one or to take a taxi. For us, it’s just a convenience that we aren’t willing to give up. That would make way too much sense. doh.gif

Sainsworth, welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want us to call you. This is a wonderful place for support and information so come often and join right in.

Terri, thanks for the extra hugs. Always welcomed.

Christine, welcome. Glad you are going to work on your health. I’ve been amazed at the health benefits I’ve received from losing weight. You can do this.

Pip, very impressive! You didn’t even miss a day when you took your tumble in Las Vegas. Wow.

Becca, it sounds like a good idea to take a break from Tops. It sometimes sounds like you give more energy to your thoughts about that one lady than you do about what you are doing. This journey should be about you and what is going on at your house. Good for you on taking a break.

losingitall2012, welcome. This is a great place for support and great information. I never thought I’d be able to lose the 60 pounds that I’ve lost and my greatest fear is to some day gain it back. I know this journey is for the rest of my life and with the support of these wonderful women, I believe I will succeed. Come often and let us know what’s going on with you. Also please sign each post with the name you want us to call you. You can do this.

Barbie, interesting information from the doctor. Have they scheduled the nerve conduction test yet? Around here it sometimes takes a few weeks to schedule such things. I sure hope they can resolve the problem.

Beth, so happy you are getting back in the groove. It will pay off before you know it. Go girl!!!

Gloria, what a mess with your rental! Do you have a lease? Even if they are going to try to sell the property, I’d think they would need to do something with the floor? Does it have hardwood floors or are you walking on plywood? I’d try calling the Housing Authority or someone to find out what your rights are. And maybe see if one of the TV stations has one of the problem solvers. Good luck.

Penny, so glad you kept the same spouse through all the dentists. smiley-laughing005.gif

Lisa, glad you are getting some much deserved rest. The kittens are such cuties. Hope they will be good barn cats.

Maryjay, welcome. There is no time like the present to join right in. Tell us about yourself and come often. You aren’t required to post goals. Feel free to join right in.

Sylvia, I love your bowls. I think it’s wonderful that you donate them. If it costed $500 for the materials that might be a bit much. If you have the time to donate, that is wonderful. As long as it’s not taking away from business, like you had people lined up for products that you can’t deliver, then what is the harm? And it is tax deductible, isn’t it? You are just a very special person!!! I hope you know that. (((Hugs)))

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I hope all of you have a healthy and happy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC