1 day high calorie in two months helps weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I have had that happen to me in the past. I have no idea what to attribute it to, but it has happened. That being said, im not trying to do it and I would never make a habit of it.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have also had this happen to me.

I have also found that this month, which has been my worst month ever since being on MFP (way more sugar and carbs, bigger portions, odd choices, several days over, several days of guessing), has not been all that different weight loss wise to the other months. It makes no sense to me, but I do not feel I can rely on it so I am trying to get my mind right and get back on track.

I figure - if I can still lose in a month where I have eaten entire large pizzas (twice) and mountains of fast food and desserts and am over my calories every second or third day lately (sometimes by a lot), then imagine how well I can do if I eat better!

It is rather baffling though. My body is a mystery to me.
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I do find that eating at maintenance for one weekend can help kick myself out of a dry patch in terms of weight loss - but I think that it is more psychological to be honest :) x
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have steadily lost about a pound a week for 10 weeks, I eat at 1200 calories (i'm only 5') and eat half to 75% of my exercise calories usually. Three days ago I had a day where I ate most likely 1800-2000 calories (I didn't log I was embarrassed I know I should have but it would have been an estimation anyways lol).

Anyhow after that I continued the same routine and two days later I had lost 1.5 pounds since the previous week. I totally thought that day would have negated the rest of the week. I don't think a cheat meal a week is a good idea for me, but could having a cheat day where I eat super high calorie than normal once a month or once in two months actually help speed up weight loss? Has this ever happened to you?

Just do the math.
    add up your weekly deficit, Did you eat 5000 fewer calories then you burned ?

If you created a 5000 calorie deficit for the week then congrats, you lost 1.5 pounds of fat.
    If your deficit wasn't 5000 then the Diffrence is water weight. Your body is constantly balancing water content. You use water to digest food, so a larger then normal meal can temporariraly reduce your body's water content just like consuming more sodium can make you temporarily retain more water. Many other body functions also cause your body to retain or release water.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, 1 gallon of water weighs 8.3 pounds
    16 oz , which is a popular size of plastic water bottle weighs 1 pound.

If you are drinking your 64 oz of water every day that weighs 4 pounds
    So figure on a typical day your body is processing at least 4 pounds of water not even counting the water content of the food you eat.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    On average I eat about 1400 though when I exercise.

If you were losing a pound per week keep doing what you were doing.

I plan on it, it's just good to see that if I go to a celebration once a month or every two months, easing up on the strict numbers for a day won't have any adverse reactions lol.

You are doing great! I believe your calories are perfect for you....a nice even loss each week. And I assume you feel energetic and not hungry enough to chew off your arm. Lol. And yes, I have dropped an extra lb or 2 after upping my calories for a day nOw aND then.. Scientific? Dunno... :)