Does anyone else here delete their stats?

Options
For example, MFP automatically posts streaks every five days. I think once every 50 days is enough, so I immediately delete the others. Also, when I'm fluctuating in weight, one day it will say I lost .2 or whatever since my last posted weight, then I fluctuate a pound more, and it doesn't say anything, then I get back to the beginning weight, and it says that I've lost one pound since my last posted weight. I don't like this! I delete all until I've gotten under my newest low. I love MFP but there are a few quirks in my opinion . . .

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just changed my settings so I don't publish anything anymore.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i also just shut down all publishing. I didn't realize it spams my two mfp friends with my dillydallying
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This is what I did.
    But before I discovered I could change the setting to not post these updates on my newsfeed, I did delete it straight away.

• Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I should. It's confusing for people bc it will post that I lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in but it doesn't show the preceding 2.5 lb increase from the days popcorn a few days prior...
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered changing the settings yet, but the updates don't really irritate me anyway.

I do think it's funny when they say "ThisPerson lost 5 lbs since their last weigh-in. This person has lost 2 lbs so far!" It does assume that people never fluctuate, and nobody wants to gain. In that respect it might not be a bad idea to allow goals for weight gain.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Jmgkamp wrote: »
    I don't, but I should. It's confusing for people bc it will post that I lost 2 pounds since my last weigh in but it doesn't show the preceding 2.5 lb increase from the days popcorn a few days prior...
    Francl27 wrote: »

I don't mind my info being published when it's a REAL weight loss or a significant days milestone, so I don't want to stop all publishing. Wish there was some way to modify them, though.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think I have mine set to not publish. Not sure though. I don't usually look at my own feed.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have it set not to publish my streak, loss or completed diary info, and if I lose something shareable, I change the setting back and log the weight. It sounds tedious, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Certainly not worse than my phone blowing up with the thousand likes and wtgs a day over something I wasn't excited about myself.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I only log when I reach a new lowest weight. And I don't do fractions of a pound. Right now I'm at 191.4 and I entered it in as 191. When I get down to 190.8 I'll put it in at 190. I don't bother with the decimal points. If I go up a pound or two I don't log anything. I just wait for the next new lowest weight.
  • Artemiris
    Artemiris Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    I only log when I reach a new lowest weight. And I don't do fractions of a pound. Right now I'm at 191.4 and I entered it in as 191. When I get down to 190.8 I'll put it in at 190. I don't bother with the decimal points. If I go up a pound or two I don't log anything. I just wait for the next new lowest weight.

I used to do the same, until... a few days ago. Then my scale suddenly decided to connect on her own to MFP and everyday reports my new weight, so I keep losing the same hundreds grams over and over.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    Also, when I'm fluctuating in weight, one day it will say I lost .2 or whatever since my last posted weight, then I fluctuate a pound more, and it doesn't say anything, then I get back to the beginning weight, and it says that I've lost one pound since my last posted weight. I don't like this! I delete all until I've gotten under my newest low. I love MFP but there are a few quirks in my opinion . . .

I only record my losses on MFP. I don't record every little fluctuation.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Change the setting.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Seems like a minor issue.

But I only weigh once a week and my weight is what it is.

The whole streak thing is a little annoying every 5 days.

If I was setting it up it would be
    Every 5 days - 0-50
    Every 10 days - 50-100
    Every 30 days 100+

Something like that.

But not annoying enough for me to delete it.

Is there much of a difference between 460 and 465 days? Worth seperate announcements?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I have it set not to publish my streak, loss or completed diary info, and if I lose something shareable, I change the setting back and log the weight. It sounds tedious, but it's not the worst thing in the world. Certainly not worse than my phone blowing up with the thousand likes and wtgs a day over something I wasn't excited about myself.

Yes. This.