Need motivation!!

Options
Hi guys

Wanted some encouragement from you all. I have been on a real motivational rollercoaster since I started in January.

Lost 11 lbs between January and March from lots of exercise and brilliant diet. I went to visit friends in London for a week and the whole thing went down the drain and didn't go to the gym for week / was drinking at weekend again etc.

I got back into it by going to bootcamp once a week and spinning twice (not as much as in the beginning) but then I injured my neck, ended up in A&E, on valium for muscle spasm and now awaiting physio. The doc said spinning would be fine as no direct pressure on my neck.

Now I'm absolutely back into it and really want to do well again... now I'm back up 9lbs and pretty much back where I started 6 months ago.

I don't want to be faddy and go through phases, I want to build it into my life! But I keep making excuses,.. recently it's been neck, following by my students doing their GCSE's... followed by new puppy that needs me at home... followed by I'm too tired.

It still doesn't feel natural to fit exercise into my life and I want it to not be an effort!!!

Any advice or boosts of encouragement would be great right now. My partner has lost 2 stone and is bulking up loads and unfortunately that's making me feel worse so can't ask him for help!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    I did one thing that I used to PREACH to others as a RN, and it's absolutely made a huge difference is I walk 30-60 minutes at least 5 days a week. Thatt wouldn't hurt your neck at all.. Linda/.RN
  • holkeo
    holkeo Posts: 34
    Options
    Yeah I should walk more- I leave for work at school at 7.30 and get back around 5.30, walk my dogs, go to gym / marking books and then bed!! Not enough hours in the day! I wish I lived closer to work so I could walk... that'd be ideal!
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Yea, my hubby and I own a business from home, so when we wake up we walk before we check emails...... Living close to a job you have would be ideal! Do you get a lunch break that you can walk during at work?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Stop makin' EXCUSES...and get started RIGHT NOW...! Each & Everyday...! :flowerforyou:
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    You have already done the absolute right thing by sharing your story, your ups and your downs. Your picture is beautiful and I think it will help to focus on the fact that when you eat right and exercise, you are doing fantastic things for your health. The weight loss will follow eventually, But the number one thing is take care of your health, and you've put in a lot of great effort into doing that. I know you'll continue, and if you have occasional relapses, that sort of thing happens sometimes. You're stronger every time you decide to get back on track. Look forward to seeing more posts from you!