alternatives to crisps

Options
kmccall42
kmccall42 Posts: 13
Hi, i am addicted to crisps i love them i could eat them all day every day, has anyone got any good alternatives that are very similar but healthier please help
thanks

Replies

• TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Chocolate or caramel mini rice cakes. Also 100 cal packs of Cheez-its.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    have u tried weight watchers crisps, they r lower than normal crisps and i especially like the sweet chilli 1's:smile:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Never had it, but a friend of mine swears by kale... baked in the oven until crispy. I think Hungry Girl had them on an episode of hers, which is where my friend got the idea to try it.
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Apparently spinach or baby spinach tossed in olive oil and put in the oven for 15 mins are good - that's on my 'to try' list :)
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You can make turnip crisps in the oven. Yummo
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love them too.
    Try thinly cut baked potato fries.
    Crackers.
    Cracker chips.
    100 calorie Cheetos.
    Special K Crackers.
    Wheat Thins.
    Saltines.
    Graham Crackers.
    Triscuits.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Flavored almonds! Just buy the naturally flavored ones and stick to the serving size.

When I'm really in the mood for chips, I go for the all-natural ones and absolutely don't buy anything made of potatoes. I don't know if they have these where you are, but my two favorite brands are Terra and Food Should Taste Good. The Terra ones are made from various root vegetables, like sweet potatoes, carrots, and the like. I'm sure you could actually make your own version of them. The Food Should Taste Good ones are more like whole-grain tortilla chips with different things like olives and sweet potato mixed into them. They're delicious.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the baked spinish it was actually
    very tasty
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs are always helpful. You can get the kinds that you like and then stick to just eating one of them so you have the flavor but without all the calories/fat/etc. Controlled portions ftw! :wink:

I LOVE the Food Should Taste Good multigrain tortilla chips. OMG so good! You can also get pita chips, just check the nutrition label. I find that fat is the big thing in crisps, so if it is around or under 6/7 g of fat per serving, that's not bad. A tiny little pack of Doritos, or Fritos, for instance, has 10 g of fat. Wayyyyy too much.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I love Veggie Straws
    veggie_straws_600.jpg

I also have a recipe for melted cheese chips that I posted a couple weeks ago
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/254441-cheese-chips-60cals
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think a couple of people mentioned Spinach. I made Kale chips yesterday; just 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1 bunch of kale chopped up into biggish pieces on 350 for 13 mins.
  • kmccall42
    Options
    Hi guys thank u so much for all ur comments i will try the spinich things sounds delish thabk u xx
  • kmccall42
    Options
    Im from scotland dont get vegie straws i wish they look gr8 hehe.. Loads of superb ideas thabks x
  • clipperty
    clipperty Posts: 9
    Options
    Have u tried the new Riveta Minis come in cheese and onion, cheese and chives, sweet chilli and salt and vinegar on 105 calories a pack and delicious also feels like u are eating a packet of crisps too
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Western Family Caramel Corn Rice Cakes are 50 calories, their White Cheddar flavored ones are only 45 calories. I have those when I'm craving chips.
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My OH loves snack a jacks as a crisp alternative but they make me gag.

I quite like quavers, walkers french fries & wotsits all of which are under 100. Cal.

Also Tesco, Sainsbury's do their own cassava crisps, as do velvet crush which I quite like.
  • HunniBunniLisy
    HunniBunniLisy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Carrot dipped in peanut butter is delicious!
    :tongue:
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Try the boots own brand low fat crisps, they are soooo tasty. I personally love the salt & vingar twirls but they are all yummy and under 90cals
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    sainsbury be good to yourself brand chips
    flavored rice cakes
    baked walkers crisps / french fries

:) sooo goood!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    What about baked crisps? They're lower in calories and quite tasty once you get used to the taste. ( I didn't like them in the beginning,but I do now)