Goal weight?

I'm 5'3 and a half and currently weight 150.6 pounds.. My goal weight is 120-125lbs which I'm hoping to lose by February next year!
Would love to know what other MFP's goal weights are and how you are staying motivated? :)

Replies

• MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight was 125 lbs now i'm 101 :)
    I stay motivated by keeping a daily fitness journal!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    I don't have a goal weight but I do have a goal size---size 6 American eagle jeans. I'm currently size 8 which is only one size off but I'm no where near buttoning the waist ( about 4 inches) and I'm not sure my butt was made for size 6. Any how. I'm 5'6 153
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    I'm 5' 9'. My goal weight is 140 currently at 146. I am working out regularly and will adjust my goal weight up or down as needed using photos as my "eyes". I feel as women we tend to be very tough on ourselves. I can look in the mirror one day and like what I see and then next day feel unhappy with the same body. I take photos every 30 days so I can rationally make decisions and see what I really look like.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I have a goal range of 130-134lbs which I've maintained for 2+ years now. I'm 5ft 2" and that weight looks good on me :smile: (UK size 8-10)
    I'm motivated to stay this weight as I like fitting into my new smaller clothes and I'm really into fitness/exercise now which keeps me lean and strong. I'll simply do what it takes to stay like this and for me that means keeping an eye on calories and moving as much as possible :smile:
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    I'm 5"3 currently 135 my goal weight is 120-125. I was happy with myself when I was at 125 two summers ago.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm also 5'3 and a half, currently 140 with a goal of 120-ish. But I'm sure that will change when I start my weightlifting journey, as you know muscle weighs more than fat. So I'm going to have to kind of feel it out.
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    I'm 5' 9'. My goal weight is 140 currently at 146. I am working out regularly and will adjust my goal weight up or down as needed using photos as my "eyes". I feel as women we tend to be very tough on ourselves. I can look in the mirror one day and like what I see and then next day feel unhappy with the same body. I take photos every 30 days so I can rationally make decisions and see what I really look like.

I'm planning to start taking progress photos because I found the last time I lost weight I didn't even see a physical difference after 20 pounds while all my friends and family could! So picture progress would be a lot more helpful :)
  • KT_3009
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    I'm also 5'3 and a half, currently 140 with a goal of 120-ish. But I'm sure that will change when I start my weightlifting journey, as you know muscle weighs more than fat. So I'm going to have to kind of feel it out.

That is true! Good luck on your weightlifting :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    5'8" and I'm thinking around 130, but I really don't know. Have to see when I get there.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    I'm 5'2 and probably 120-130 for me.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight was 120 - got down to 117 at one point, now around 122 at 11 weeks pregnant. I just try to exercise and keep logging my calories so I don't over do it! Taking progress pictures helped when I was getting to goal, and celebrating with some new cute clothes to keep my confidence up. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    I'm not sure yet.

I've lost about 24 kg ... and I'm probably within about 3 kg of my goal.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Around 115-120 depending on how I feel once I get down there. I'm exactly 141.3 right now. As I have been for the past 3 weeks. Stupid plateau. Ugh.
  • stephaniemarie2
    stephaniemarie2 Posts: 39 Member
    5'2 , currently 154. Would love to see 120.
  • KT_3009
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm not sure yet.

I've lost about 24 kg ... and I'm probably within about 3 kg of my goal.

That's such an amazing achievement!! Those last few kilos will be hard to shed but keep up the hard work and you'll do it :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    5'4.5"
    Goal weight was 130 lbs
    CW: around 126 lbs
    New goal: 120 lbs

I got to my first goal and realized that I still had more fat than I desired, so I adjusted my goal down. Weight loss has been really slow since I hit about 135 lbs or so on the scale.
  • KT_3009
    edited October 2015
    ErinSot wrote: »
    Around 115-120 depending on how I feel once I get down there. I'm exactly 141.3 right now. As I have been for the past 3 weeks. Stupid plateau. Ugh.

That happened to me the last time I lost weight I was stuck on a plateau for 2-3 weeks and decided to just change up my exercise and it worked :) Best of luck on your weightloss keep being positive and motivated.
  • KT_3009
    5'4.5"
    Goal weight was 130 lbs
    CW: around 126 lbs
    New goal: 120 lbs

I got to my first goal and realized that I still had more fat than I desired, so I adjusted my goal down. Weight loss has been really slow since I hit about 135 lbs or so on the scale.

Yes weight loss slows down a lot when you don't have as much fat to lose and you're building muscle which is heavier! Best of luck :)
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    My first goal was 135. I now set it at 130. Staying on course is harder now...month 3. But I took break and ate at maintenance so that really helped. This week I'm back to Motivated!