Dinner

Options
I am a very picky eater so i am not really a breakfast person and try to have a good lunch. Dose it matter if you have a big dinner in calories reach.

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    No.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    No.
    Thanks
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I worry about this, too. My children were so hungry from all the healthier/low-cal meals i;ve been making so I have switched it up a lot to stuff they'd like (and I always have) but the difference is now I'm swapping out ingredients easily to reduce the caloric content but not sacrifice taste, and also measuring out my portions and sticking to it. So for example my breakfast/lunch calories are in the 300's and my dinners have been in the 500's lately to compensate so that we can still have family dinners and everyone is happy.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    there are studies that show that people that skip breakfast weigh more
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/lose-weight-eat-breakfast
    consider protein bar or shake, or even a glass of milk.
    some people here will also tell you to have smaller meals through the day

Yes i try my best to eat breakfast
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    No, meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Eat breakfast or don't eat breakfast,space your meals out into larger meals or smaller ones, it really is about personal preference and sustainability for yourself...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    there are studies that show that people that skip breakfast weigh more
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/lose-weight-eat-breakfast
    consider protein bar or shake, or even a glass of milk.
    some people here will also tell you to have smaller meals through the day

This is purely individualized. There's no right or wrong. It's what works for you and within your calorie goal. I never eat breakfast. I don't think I weigh more than people who do.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    In theory, definitely not. They even did some studies of this. But it does for me. If I don't eat breakfast I over eat at dinner. I don't feel good and it seems it takes longer until I'm satisfied so I either have to stop myself before I'm full or I eat to much. Pooh. So I just eat breakfast. Your body may work differently.

BTW, there is no law that says you can't have part of your dinner or lunch at breakfast. Eat something you like if it bothers you.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its not about when you eat your meals, or even about how big they are, its about taking in less calories than you burn. If it suits you to have a large dinner and keep your other meals small then thats fine, as long as you stay within your calories.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat a light breakfast and sometimes a light lunch so that I can eat a big dinner which is really when I'm hungry. I tried the whole 5 or 6 small meals and it didn't work for me. This has been much more attainable for me. I say it's all about what works best for yourself and you may have to do some experimenting to find out.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to work this out for myself. Generally I prefer to eat more earlier in the day, but I have to be careful not to deprive myself of enough calories for dinner... it's always a bummer when I don't. But yeah, I don't like to eat a big dinner on a weeknight. I try to keep it fairly balanced throughout the day. :)