My first big NSV!

Options
Khovde07
Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
So I was window shopping the other day and decided to try on this cute little black dress. I grabbed my usual size (18) and went to the dressing room. The woman working was very sweet and helpful and as I stepped out, we realized the dress was just a little too big for me. Not such a big deal as my size has sometimes fluctuated down to a 16 depending on how it's cut. But the saleswoman brought back a size 16 and a size 14. She thought that I could fit into the 14. I told her I would try but was mentally rolling my eyes. No way that would happen! But you know what? It fit! And it looked so great that I had to do a jig in the dressing room. I decided that even though I didn't need a new dress at that moment, I would buy it and keep it as motivation and inspiration. I haven't been a size 14 since I was in college!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Congratulations!!!!! :)
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Isn't that just an AWESOME feeling?!?!?!

I've been there before as well. Sometimes it's "mentally" different to wrap our thoughts around "sizes". I had been a size 14/16 for DECADES so it just makes my head spin that I actually fit into clothes in which the size is now a single digit.

Way to go and keep up the great work!!
  • JaiDessaT
    JaiDessaT Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Your hard work and commitment are paying off!
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This made me smile, what a wonderful NSV......congragulations :)
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, great job! Keep it up!
  • Linovitz
    Linovitz Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is great. So fun when you fit into a smaller size unexpectedly. Don't make the same mistake as me though. I bought a lot of clothes when I moved from 16/18 to 12/14. However, within a few months, those were too big! After 15-18 months of hard work, I made it all the way down to around an 8 which is my maintenance size. Depending on cut - could be 6 or 10. I once tried on a size 4 pair of shorts by accident. They fit! Didn't need them, but they were a 4! I bought them. They were on sale! Keep losing and enjoying your NSV's
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :) Yay!
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
    :-)))
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a great feeling!
  • donnak_3
    donnak_3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You deserved to dance a jig! I love it! Congrats and keep going!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! I started at a 24 and just recently started wearing size 16 jeans. I haven't worn a 24 since high school and I plan on dancing in the dressing room when it happens!

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I once tried on a size 4 pair of shorts by accident. They fit! Didn't need them, but they were a 4! I bought them. They were on sale! Keep losing and enjoying your NSV's[/quote]

I bought a UK 10 skirt at the weekend. I have never been a 10 in my adult life, an am not really now, but that skirt looks good and having a wearable 10 feels great.
  • gacornell
    gacornell Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Now you need to plan a night out so you have an excuse to wear it. :smile:
  • mefullerton
    mefullerton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I cannot wait to get to that point!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Plump2FitPanaQT
    Plump2FitPanaQT Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! So awesome!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO! That is great - what an accomplishment. I started in a 1X-2X, and have been consistently wearing a L as of late. Today I fit into a medium!!!! I was so excited, I bought 3 sweaters. Keep it up!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job shrinking, everyone!! I started at 2x-3x in tops 16 months ago and now buy mostly Med. In pants 3x to 16.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That happened to me last week!!! omg lol. I am still a 16 in most things though.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!