2nd time round so much harder

Options
Hi,
When I did this last time round, I was given 1460 calories and I kept to it meticulously, lost most of the weight I wanted to etc. This time round, having had a baby and gaining much less, but still have weight to lose, I just don't seem to have the same will power as I did last time. I am good at my exercise and all of that, but I just can't seem to resist eating whatever I want :-1:

Replies

• blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want..just make sure it fits into your calories.

I think that's why I failed so many times before was because I was restricting my self way too much...this time (since I'm more educated) things seems sooo much easier!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i was in the same boat. lost weight easily, then had a baby, and suddenly had to lose the same weight (and then some) over again. it's disheartening! i tried to start a few times, unsuccessfully.

then i decided to pick out some "prizes" that i would get myself, and give them to myself after every two weeks of successful tracking (a pretty scarf, a babysitter for a night, etc). well, i've been tracking for weeks now and so far i've lost 13 pounds. my clothes are actually fitting again! just needed some external motivation to get started.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's because I am trying to restrict too much, I'm just not keeping to the calories I should be eating! It doesn't help that we are making A kind of party to welcome her into the world and I haven't stopped baking for it... Maybe I should keep going as I am until that's over (next weekend) and then try because whilst there are awesome cakes out, the battle is so much harder!!!
    Oh I hate this so much!!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself. And make sure that you get enough sleep.
  • GirlJudeCr001
    GirlJudeCr001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try your very best to stick within your calories for the day, and earn the cake as extra calories by doing some exercise. The reason I say this is life can be one big party all through the year , birthdays , christmas , Easter , friends coming over etc etc... It's derailed me for the mentality "start next week" as there is always some other celebration around the corner. It's hard isn't it ? But think of the result you want. Very best of luck , yumm and enjoy the well earned cake :) .. Will taste better when you work for it.. Judy
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LernRach wrote: »
    Hi,
    When I did this last time round, I was given 1460 calories and I kept to it meticulously, lost most of the weight I wanted to etc. This time round, having had a baby and gaining much less, but still have weight to lose, I just don't seem to have the same will power as I did last time. I am good at my exercise and all of that, but I just can't seem to resist eating whatever I want :-1:

Because you know the shortcuts and tricks and you're taking them unconsciously

so focus in on calories

weighing accurately - everything
    logging with care, double-checking in early weeks all the entries you're choosing, building your recipes, using other databases as a checking point
    not taking sneak bites

Also if you've just had a baby your hormones need up to a year to settle and your TDEE has probably totally changed - up your general activity level - babies love being in strollers - get thee to the park and walk, walk, walk ..also sleep, sleep, sleep
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    LernRach wrote: »
    Hi,
    The simple solution when you can't or won't eat less, is to move more. Double up on your exercise. The volume of food I'm happy with comes to about 1700 and I find it harder to eat less than that. It's easier for me to add exercise. I've been doing this since the beginning and I'm now 125 lbs and still eating the same amount. I don't like feeling deprived or micromanaging calories so if I get to a stage where I'm not losing, I just bump up exercise and I start losing again.