So slow...

sararos2000
sararos2000 Posts: 3
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I started MFP around 3-1/2 weeks ago and I'm a little disappointed. I've only lost 1 kg so far. SO SLOW!!!
I then started to read some comments and blogs from other people and it seems I'm not the only one struggling. It's just hard to keep motivated when the weight comes off so slowly. And nobody better tell me that it took years to get to the weight I am right now! It did not. It only took about 7 months. Without me changing my diet or my routine. I HAVE to get this weight off!

And if anybody speaks Dutch... feel free to answer in Dutch.

7684050.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    You can go on crazy diets or extreme calorie counting and lose weight fast but it a false loss because as soon as you stop it will all go back on and sometimes more. Slow steady weight loss with a review of the food you eat is the way to go. Try and stay positive. If you want you can set your food dairy up to be view by other people and we can look at what your eating and offer advise if we can?? - Good luck
  • :explode: :explode: Id be very happy to lose 1kg in 3.5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :explode: :explode:
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    You probably don't want to hear this either, but with how much you have to lose, it won't come off that quickly because you can't set your calorie deficit so high or you'll enter the dreaded "starvation mode." If you truly did gain the weight without changing any of your eating or exercise habits, then maybe you should see a doctor.
  • Thanks for your advise. I did go see a docter and right now I'm still going through tests en what not.
    Even my docter could hardly believe I gained so much weight in so little time...
    And yeah, I started excersising a little more. At least definitely more than I used to do 7 months ago!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    i figure that losing it slowly is the healthiest way to lose weight, and the most likely to succeed because you are changing your life and setting new habits over the long term.

I have a year planner at the front of my diary and at the top of each month i write my weight so i can see on a monthly basis how much i'm losing, and although it's only 2-4kg a month, over the course of this year i've lost 16.5kg.

sometimes when i feel like i'm getting nowhere, i just look back over the year and think, well half a kilo a week is perfectly fine on average, some weeks are better than others, but as long as i've lost 2kg at the end of the month, that's fine.
This discussion has been closed.